Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to get rid of coyotes?

finally pooped
    My favorite way to do it was buy a rabbit from tractor supply, break it's back legs and tie it to a stake in the middle of a field so it screams. Set up 75-100 yards out with a 22 magnum with a red light spotlighting the area so their eyes reflect. Then aim for the gleam.

In the back yard, even a medium power pellet gun will kill them with a well placed shot, eyes, spine, brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we here pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Any chance you know anyone in your area with a suppressed 22? Taking away the sound would go a long way to letting you solve this problem a lot easier.

Domeguy, thanks. I have a Ruger 10/22. The problem is not the noise. My concern is a through and through that would hit someone else. I know that a .22 if placed exactly would solve the issue but I don't know that I would be good or exactly where to place the shot. The .22 is what I was thinking of using, but I don't want to have it run off and suffer. If I could disable it I would have no problem moving closer and finishing it off.

Anyone know, how thick the skull on a 'yote is? Would a .22LR penetrate enough to drop it from between 40 - 60 yards?

may be in trouble

CCI definitely... MaxiMag 40 grain, jacketed, clocked out to, I think, 1875FPS. Definitely will do enough damage to close and finish off. If you are worried about a .22 doing through and through collateral damage...Federal Match ammo. all lead and and 1325 FPS.

DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT go for this greenweenie ALL TIN slug crap. 26 grain slug.. who in the hell they kidding?

Might as well shoot em with a old Daisy air rifle rated for 325 FPS and have done.

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by jamesneuen View Post
    My favorite way to do it was buy a rabbit from tractor supply, break it's back legs and tie it to a stake in the middle of a field so it screams.
    This is necessary?

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    If its brutal, its necessary. Its war after all...
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
    If its brutal, its necessary. Its war after all...
    By corollary, then, staking an injured soldier out in no-man's land to draw fire would also be acceptable.

I'd have to do a bit of digging, but live baiting seems like it'd be illegal in most jurisdictions that consider baiting with feed or salt illegal.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by Kesephist View Post
    By corollary, then, staking an injured soldier out in no-man's land to draw fire would also be acceptable.

I'd have to do a bit of digging, but live baiting seems like it'd be illegal in most jurisdictions that consider baiting with feed or salt illegal.
    Live bait is only illegal to protected species. Such as ducks, and deer. You can't put your pet deer or duck out to draw in deer or ducks to shoot. But you can use a rabbit you purchased or raised to draw in coyotes. Nothing illegal about it.

Nothing wrong with using wounded enemy to draw out more enemy either.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    Live bait is only illegal to protected species. Such as ducks, and deer. You can't put your pet deer or duck out to draw in deer or ducks to shoot. But you can use a rabbit you purchased or raised to draw in coyotes. Nothing illegal about it.
    My objection is to crippling the animal wantonly.

I have heard rabbits scream. It has been my foul and unkind misfortune to know of people-shaped individuals that enjoy the sound.