Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Our house

A laugh a minute

Our house

Well we finally got around to start building our house. It is going to be a 36 x 40 2-story 2 bedroom and 2 bath. That includes a wrap around porch. The back half of the bottom floor will be my bedroom and bath that will have a small porch over our little waterfall. So I can go to sleep listening to that. It makes it easier for a good night sleep. It will have a summer kitchen kinda facing west. That will be where we do all our canning and processing of food. It will also have a area for me to do all my herbs for medicine and such.Attached to that will be the battery house for the solar system. There will be a mud room to go through before you enter the main house. Wood burning stove for heat. Everything will be so it can run off of wood, propane,12v and 110v. Lots of storage everywhere, no wasted space, not even under the house.
    Monday they started digging the holes for the poles to be put below the frost line and in cased in concrete. The are going in 3 ft. Well they hit rock and have only 1 hole 3ft so far. They have tried using a jackhammer, air chisels, power drill with concrete bits and much more trying to get it to 3ft. One good thing about this is that all the poles will be sitting on rock and in cased in concrete. So maybe the house will not move, shift or budge in bad weather. Pics are coming soon.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

I'll most likely shit myself

I can't wait to see the pics. The summer kitchen will pay huge dividends down the road. That will be a must have if our long term plans work out one day.

Where's the epi?

I'm so excited for you finally to be getting this done!!!! Yeah, and you are getting our bedroom ready too! We'll bring the dogs so they can see their bestest buddy again and chase her all over the yard and all sleep due to sheer exhaustion! Yahoo!
    I apologize for nothing...

A laugh a minute
    Yep the guess bedroom will be upstairs with a open loft. And yes your dogs are more than welcome. Hell in my book all animals are inside/outside animals. I have had some really strange animals as pets in my day and they were all allowed in the house and house trained.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

For the Love of Cats

sounds awesome. Looking forward to pics as well
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

Thats great Taz, cant wait for pics.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

Queen of the Doom Room
    Awesome, Taz!! Can't wait to see pics!

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    I can't wait to see the pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    sounds awesome. Looking forward to pics as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Thats great Taz, cant wait for pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAPrepper View Post
    Awesome, Taz!! Can't wait to see pics!

Call me crazy, But I for one would love to see pics.

Congrats, Taz!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Watch one, Do one, Teach one
    Thats great been following you for awhile.I.ll burn some sage for you.
    "When the world is at peace, a gentleman keeps his sword by his side"

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

^^^^I'll bring the Sweet Grass braids. That's great Taz! You're hard work is being rewarded!
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com