Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Setting up "The Net"

Roger. I completely agree that there should be a list of Freqs that the colonist should have so when they are in a particular state, the colonist could start transmitting on that freq to make connection with other colony members. Not sure if those freqs should be placed into this forum, but emailed or snail mailed for OPSEC.

My thoughts is to have 5 base freqs

NorthWest
    SouthWest
    NorthEast
    Southeast
    Central

This would be the SHTF freqs so everyone in the respected areas will be on the same page.

Thoughts?

I'll most likely shit myself

I think that would work. I have saw on other forums a list of freqs for SHTF use so all folks could know where to go. Not a bad idea, but I'm not sure I want to rely or trust my life on that list. I would feel much better having set up freqs with folks I know and trust. Even if it's just talking to them on here.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    Roger. I completely agree that there should be a list of Freqs that the colonist should have so when they are in a particular state, the colonist could start transmitting on that freq to make connection with other colony members. Not sure if those freqs should be placed into this forum, but emailed or snail mailed for OPSEC.

My thoughts is to have 5 base freqs

NorthWest
    SouthWest
    NorthEast
    Southeast
    Central

This would be the SHTF freqs so everyone in the respected areas will be on the same page.

Thoughts?
    I'm all for this as mentioned at the start of this thread. What region are you in "Rat?" If you have a rig we could PM and pick a freq, try a comm check if you're ready to get started.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Setting up "The Net"

I am in north central, aka Wisconsin. Still awaiting my rib cord so I can install the freqs. I am also studying for my ham license as the earliest the test is Oct here

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    I am in north central, aka Wisconsin. Still awaiting my rib cord so I can install the freqs. I am also studying for my ham license as the earliest the test is Oct here
    Try the eham.com web site, it has a great test bank. I'm going for my general in august. Are you sure you can't find another place to take the exam earlier? Try the Red Cross maybe? Just a thought......I'm sure we'll be able to connect once you're up and running. I have had excellent comms in that area.

Is kinda partial to Charmin...can you spare a square
    Y'all need to check this site out:

http://www.amrron.com/

Bob
    III

I'll most likely shit myself

Nice find Bob. I'm a member on that forum but wasn't aware of the Amrronn. Very cool. Looks like a lot of topics to pick from.
    Last edited by bacpacker; 06-29-2014 at 04:40 PM.

Hope ya listen to Radio Free Redoubt on Sunday evenings. Even though it originates in my part of the country, it is very informative, and has information that applies to all of us.

Bob
    III

Bacon saver

I'm going to try and remember tonight, thanks Bob. Great site!

If you miss out on the broadcasts on Sunday evening, all of the episodes are archived here:

http://radiofreeredoubt.podbean.com/

Hope more of the colony gets to listening and getting more involved in communications. It's going to be more and more important as time goes on.

Bob
    III
    Last edited by idahobob; 06-29-2014 at 02:59 PM. Reason: spelling