Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanks for being level headed

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Thanks for being level headed

As the title states....

I'm on a few boards as Echo2....and have joined in a few more in the last few months.

My reason for doing this...other than to meet fine folks like yourselves....is to learn and prepare for a "Preparedness" class that I'm going to be teaching in conjunction with my CCW classes. I do make notes on particularly interesting talking points from many sites and sources.

But by in far...this site has some of the more realistic folks that I have run into.

Some of the other new sites I have joined or lurked around on.....seem to have some very ill tempered folks. I can't believe the way some folks attack a "newbie" who has asked the "every prepping/survival site" questions. Things such as bet pistol?....best rifle?....best shotgun?....Where to get...?...how to find....?. The lists go on and on.

I have found that most the folks here will generally direct someone to the proper thread....not ridicule them and ask them if they ever heard of a search engine.

Also....If you have an opinion on a certain matter.....it's generally stated as just that....an opinion. Take it or leave it. A general difference in opinion is a good thing.....and a lively debate can help both parties learn. But I have found no "That's the way it is so STFU&GTFO" attitude here.

So just a line here to say thanks to all involved.

That is all.

Carry on.

Echo2
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Glad we can be of assistance!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Bacon saver

Uh, wow, i was begining to think i was one of those people. The "A" holes you are referring to. Uh, er were you referring to me?
    No, really I was just telling my pup, "mighty mouse" this morning the same thing. I hope he show's up.......and you're 100% correct in your assessment, I'm in complete agreement with you. That"s why I'm still here, that is until everybody runs me off...........peace, love and no underwear!

U
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Echo, pass us along to everyone you meet.........as long as they're cool and all that...........
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    peace, love and no underwear!
    What an awesome bumpersticker that would be!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

CC Gray Panther
    B.R.R. ; You have a bulldozer. You'll always be my friiiiiiiiiiiend.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    What an awesome bumpersticker that would be!
    Man I've been sayin that for over 30 years..........go figure...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eagle326 View Post
    B.R.R. ; You have a bulldozer. You'll always be my friiiiiiiiiiiend.
    OK but no huggin!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Man I've been sayin that for over 30 years..........go figure...

OK but no huggin!

Agreed ; I'm hugging the Dozer.

I'll most likely shit myself

Echo I agree totally with your statement. I am on several forums for many different topics, from prepping to vehicle specific to weapons, to tractors, chickens, farming, blades, tools, etc. Out of every single one this is far and away the best site of them all. Folks on here are generally very helpful and will bend over backwards to "lend a hand". It is rare for someone on here to jump in your shit for anything that is within the rules for this site and most of those folks were banned for being asshats anyway.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    I understand that. I've mostly stopped hanging out on quite a few forums I was on, just because of that.
    There is one other forum I still frequent, leaving this one and that one as my only two primary forums, but it's not prepping related at all.
    I also use the same username everywhere, makes it simpler.

Meant to add: That other forum is like this, everybody's level headed, helps each other out, etc. There's no politics, religion, or tin foil allowed there either.
    Last edited by Gunfixr; 10-04-2012 at 12:37 AM.