View Poll Results: What Is Your Religion?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Catholic

0 0%
  • Baptist

3 17.65%
  • LDS

1 5.88%
  • Orthodox

1 5.88%
  • Lutheran

0 0%
  • Judaism

1 5.88%
  • Buddhist

1 5.88%
  • Atheist

1 5.88%
  • Other- and if so, What?

5 29.41%
  • Non-Practicing Anything

4 23.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We now know Age Groups, How about Religion?

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues

We now know Age Groups, How about Religion?

I noticed we have quite the broad spectrum of age groups, here, and noticed also the beginings of a religious converation, so I thought, what the heck, I wouldnt mind knowing what the different religions are represented here.

Myself, I was raised Catholic, went to Catholic school, was an alter boy, and was very active growing up in the church. It wasnt until I experienced racism within the church, and was blatantly told I was going to hell unless I followed the strict doctrine of the church I attended, that I started to lose faith in organized religion. Since then, well, Im not so much a man of faith, as I am a man of spirituality.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

CC Gray Panther
    Like you said Stormy I was raised Christian when young. But through the years and bickering of who's right or wrong by the same people who professed to be brothers of faith I came to a more spiritual state for myself.
    I get along well with those who don't judge others for their beliefs and understand that we are not all a like but well intended. I'm probably more native american in the sense of spiritual.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Its interesting you say that, because that was the very nexus of the racism I experienced because I am Native. I actually had Nuns within the church berating me because of my Nationality and the beliefs that I grew up with as a Native.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

I'll most likely shit myself

I grew up baptist and I guess still am to some degree. However as I have gotten older and tried to learn more about history. I find myslef at odds with some teachings. I have started to understand a lot of the current teachings are not really biblical. They are a ombination of christian beliefs and pagan mixed together. A lot that came from cebturies ago in Euroupe and have been passed on and changed as time has moved forward. These days I choose to worship as I understand the bible not so much what some group has decidd it should be. I think everything we need to know on the subject is layed out in the bible. We just have to study learn and understand it.

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Not raised religiously and not practicing any religion. None of them suit me. I actually believe that all religions are evil because run by man and its greed (let's not start a religious war here). As a Mason, I believe into one deity, but whom I deal with on my own.
    Altar Arms - 01 FFL (772) 497-6550 - Located in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    15$ transfers for SHTF Ready members! WE TAKE TRADES!

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Forced into the jahovahs witness cult as a kid, but never took root.... Just never had Xmas or birthdays.

Later I met my wife who was Baptist, which made me Baptist. We were married in the Brethren church (kinda like baptist but not so condescending) .

After a few decades of organized Christianity, I felt there was something BIG missing... and maybe, just maybe... I was being fed a story that was mutilated by man over thousands of years of passing down and interpreting. a *LOT* of stuff started to make less and less sense.

About a decade ago, my boss passively (because I asked him) introduced me to Buddhism. I started to embrace the concepts and precepts of the "religion" (its more of a belief system) and my life started to turn around immediately.

Im a long way from being a monk, but I strive to live by the eight fold path and it does make a difference.

Its non judgemental, which aint easy... but I do try, and when I truly embrace it and apply it, its an awakening thing..

Let me present a "story" that reflects in the system:

There was 6 Buddhist monks that swore an oath the never ever touch a woman. On there way back from town buying supplies, they happened upon an old lady by the creek who wanted to cross but could not, she was old and the water was high and swift.

One monk offered to carry the old lady across the creek so she could finish her journey home.

On the other side of the creek, they had several more miles to go before they reached there monastery. As they travelled, the last monk in line kept offering his opinion about the violation of touching a woman. This went on and on and on.. "I cant believe you touched her" "You should be ashamed" "At least the rest of us kept our promise"

This went on and on for what seamed forever, until the kind monk turned to him and spoke "Friend, I carried her across the creek, you have been carrying her for the last five miles!"

That is all..
    EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

I'd have to write a word document to chronicle my spiritual journey. I am an Anglican of the Traditional Anglican Church (not Episcopalian), an orthodox church adhering to canon law, because that's where god showed up in the service.

I will make this statement: In my opinion, religion is about how good you can be for Him; spirituality is about how good He is for you.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Wesleyan. I didn't even know what that was until we'd gone there for a year. We just liked the message, and the people so we went.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Bacon saver

Like Stormy, raised Catholic, Sunday school, CCD, alter boy (unmolested), then it hit me. I'm not getting it anymore, what are they doing? Where's the spiritual uplift? When I was old enough to drive I went to every different church/religion that would let me in the door to observe the sermon. It all came down to the same thing, they want my money, they build huge useless buildings, they were political, they were not about "The Book" they were not about God anymore. They were not about helping people out and how could you have so many interpretations of the same "book"? Because they changed it to suit "their" needs so I no longer believe in "organized religion" OH I believe in God and he and I have made our peace and I have given him thanks many a time. For some reason he's got a purpose for keeping here on this rock for now. Until then I will do my best to help my fellow man and do the right things. I still may fuck up, cuss and do a few other things I'm not supposed to in his eyes, but I always try to do something nice for someone every time I'm out no matter how slight. Cussing other drivers all the way............but at least my head is still inside the window.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    Its interesting you say that, because that was the very nexus of the racism I experienced because I am Native. I actually had Nuns within the church berating me because of my Nationality and the beliefs that I grew up with as a Native.
    As far back as I can remember all the old folks on my mom's side said I was 1/8th. or 1/16th. Cherokee but it's been so long I'd have to check again. Wife has tried tracing back but has trouble locating some ancestors due to records. From the time I was young till today people ask if I'm Native and if so what tribe.

Always felt a pull to the great spirit in the sense that I needed to get closer to the earth and not man. For it's here that I feel connected in the sense of complete being. All that I need to know is beneath my feet ; the air ; stars and all living creatures and plants. Great spirit put all this here for us to learn from and live in harmony with.
    Hope this makes sense ; most people don't.