Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebuilding the old Chevy RV

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Steel or aluminum studs would be nearly impossible, as the used 2x2 lumber for most of every thing. I traced down all the wiring, and have every wire labeled as to what goes where. I am replacing and moving the wires as I go. I good out the couch/bed and an old van seat they were using. It wasn't even bolted to the floor. I took out the old water tank, brought it in and cleaned it inside and out. I'm putting my 5 battery bank and the inverter inside under the bed frame, as to keep the weight in the center of the vehicle. With hinges in the top of the frame, it will be easy to get to. Putting the kitchen sink on the other side of the wall next to bathroom sink, with new water lines. Im putting the propane hot water heater
    under the kitchen sunk to keep the hot water lines short. I'm putting the propane tank under the sink cabinet to keep the propane lines short to the hot water heater and the cook stove. The air conditioner will be powered of of the generator or an AC connection only. The microwave and refrigerator will run of of the inverter, and all of the lights and fans are DC powered. I will have a few AC plugs to power a few things from the inverter, and include a few USB plugs for powering phones and my iPad. I've working like hell to have it ready by Tuesday for the Bonnaroo run.
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by Domeguy View Post
    BWRR is going to do what to my prostate???
    It might be better that you don't know if you believe that proper decorum isn't the rule of thumb with Mr. big and Lady- K. He's not a Brown Water River Rat for no reason my brother. Approach with caution I'm sure their smiles can be deceiving . Just sayin' Domey.

I already got a butt chewing from the big guy several months ago when I told him I was getting engaged. But I promised a LONG courtship first with no big rush. When we do get married, we will have been dating for 13 months. We are still trying to get the 4 of us together for their approval...with a promise if they say no...it's off!

CC Gray Panther
    I already got a butt chewing from the big guy several months ago when I told him I was getting engaged. But I promised a LONG courtship first with no big rush. When we do get married, we will have been dating for 13 months. We are still trying to get the 4 of us together for their approval...with a promise if they say no...it's off!
    You said ; I quote . ( When We Get Married we will have been dating 13 months) One must go before the River Rat and his 6 with no plans until cleared by them.

Remember your time at the gathering that had your gear taken to task. If one is humble in their desire and love towards said lady your chances of a YES is quite enhanced. B.W.R.R. and Lady k are hard ; firm ; yet just jurist when it comes to your well being and more so for her's.

Be ever so humble and honest my brother and you may come out unharmed and happily married.

Gotta go now and refill my popcorn bucket and Evans Williams medicinal dosage.
    May the Gods be with you .

P.S.
    Just funnin' you Bro. Saw the 4 of us gathering part but just couldn't resist.
    Last edited by eagle326; 06-03-2017 at 11:31 PM.

Bacon saver

Wholly Shit have I been in the wrong fuckin rec room. What the hell have you gotten yourself into now? Sure, talk to you on the radio "once in a while" don't hear shit out of you again and ............well I ain't no better I guess. I guess I really DO NEED to be physically checking up on you.

I'm not going to get into my own problems here as of late, but really man.............I don't even charge a consulting fee, you know that. Tuesday's 2 days away, I sure wish you would have given me a call, we've had this conversation before ya know? I would have made time between hemorrhoid surgeries, really.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Bacon saver

Hey, just had an Idea.............I'll just reach up with the front end loader on my tractor, lower the bucket down right behind the cab. You drive away and that should scrape all that crap off the back. We'll drop a Home depot shed on the back and cut a door going through to the cab and you can stuff your shit in it, wire some lights, put a porta pottie in it and we'll call it good.

How does that sound?

I finished the RV today ahead of schedule ...this is what it looks like...[IMG][/IMG]

There was just too much to do still. I could have thrown it together, gone to Bonnaroo, but I would have to take everything out, just to start over and do it right. Now I can take my time, and do it right.

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13
    Hey, just had an Idea.............I'll just reach up with the front end loader on my tractor, lower the bucket down right behind the cab. You drive away and that should scrape all that crap off the back. We'll drop a Home depot shed on the back and cut a door going through to the cab and you can stuff your shit in it, wire some lights, put a porta pottie in it and we'll call it good.

How does that sound?
    Actually, not half bad. I had (HAD) plans to something similar with a longbed pickup once I got out to TN. The footprint of a Tuff Shed would be the wildcard in such a plan.

Bacon saver

I finished the RV today ahead of schedule ...this is what it looks like...[IMG][/IMG]

There was just too much to do still. I could have thrown it together, gone to Bonnaroo, but I would have to take everything out, just to start over and do it right. Now I can take my time, and do it right.
    That's a big towel you threw in there, but it sure looks better than the other one.

I'll most likely shit myself

This way you wont be so tired from fixin your that you sleep thru bonaroo.