Page 13 of 94 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome new members! Introduce yourselves here

Just 2 or 3 mice or squirrels will do the job....don't ask

I am pleased to see that a few people have looked into my profile already. I try to be as upfront about my employment as possible so that I can try to defuse the suggestion that I might be a .gov troll without completely trashing opsec. I am not a post hound so I tend to speak up when I think I can actually add to the information pool and not just add to the background noise.

I will sometimes check into several forums after dark at work as the pace is pretty dead. That will explain some of the ISP numbers that will pop up with my log ons.

Recognize a lot of member names!
    Last edited by Daca102090; 07-02-2011 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Man, that spellin is tuff

Crotch Rocket

Welcome in Daca. We're not into conspiracy theories here, so I say pretty confidently that accusation wouldn't have come up. Thanks for the background info though, its nice to know what perspective a person is drawing upon at times.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Just 2 or 3 mice or squirrels will do the job....don't ask

Well I have seen how my IP addresses come up, anywhere from Houston Texas to Virginia to Washington state depending on which computer I am logged onto at the time.

Like I said I also recognize a lot of the names from the (cough cough) other site.

Sometimes I may have fairly specialized or in depth knowledge and information and that may come from my on the job experiences and training, so like I said I just want to be up front with everything.

I'll most likely shit myself

Welcome Daca. Glad you made it in.

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Welcome Daca. Feds, cops, libs, etc. Everybody is welcome here. Prepping is not a conservative white christian male concern

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

So, is Daca102090 number 100?
    I see that the total number of names in the member list is at 100 now.
    just curious.

Never mind.

I just did a search and there are only 72 "Premium" members. Still 28 to go.
    Last edited by AlphaTea; 07-07-2011 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Dain Bramage. Used search feature to answer myself.
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

The source of all known trouble in the universe

27! 10MMGarry just joined the conversation.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Have seen a number of new names popping up on the site.

Thanks to one and all for joining us. Hope you like it here and look forward to the prepping conversation.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Lots of new names popping up. Look forward to getting to know you all.

Here are a couple threads that would be good to review if you haven't done so already.

Thread 1

Thread 2

With that out of the way.....welcome to the website. We appreciate you taking time to join us and look forward to discussing prepping.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Premium Member

Thanks for invitation to join

Hi RedJohn--

Thanks for the application to join the forum, RedJohn.

My background is writing. Went to Alaska in early 70s, got a pilot's license and a plane, and learned about survival kits. Have had 72-hr kits at home and in cars ever since; teach others to make them. Outdoors type, I'm told: camping, kayaking, hunting, fishing, bumming around in the boonies. Probably have spent 3 years sleeping outdoors, most recently last weekend at a lake. Am LDS, which helps because the church promotes having food/fuel/clothing in reserve. Have been an LDS Scoutmaster about 20 years, taught a lot of kids, about two dozen Eagle Scouts so far. Am part Seneca Indian, do some of the traditional things, earned a name, and have a Sioux feather. Worked in PR for U.S. Govt environmental agencies and VA; not a vet but appreciate and love 'em; retired to build experimental airplanes and write. Got a bunch of honors and awards, but best one is still having the original wife after all these years. Have a website on building a teardrop trailer called "crocodiletear.com". Working on a new website called "DisasterGuy.com", based on prepper ideas that I have tested myself. Buddy says I have been everywhere and done everything. Not true, but I'm still trying. Willing to help any any all on the forum--just PM me.