Page 5 of 94 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome new members! Introduce yourselves here

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Quote Originally Posted by TEOTWAWKI13 View Post
    Wonder how long 'til we start having "turf wars". Haha!
    LOL. No turf war. They've lost already. The good people, the ones that made the other one successful are coming here one by one. We brought the other one up, we surely can do the same to this one, and even more because we bought the right software.

And I am laughing if the "New Guard" (they call us "Old Guard") comes here. All their actual IPs are banned.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedJohn View Post
    LOL. No turf war. They've lost already. The good people, the ones that made the other one successful are coming here one by one. We brrought the other one up, we surely can do the same to this one, and even more because we bought the right software.

And I am laughing if the "New Guard" (they call us "Old Guard") comes here. All their actual IPs are banned.

Buahahahahahaha! I'm proud to be of the old guard. And I was only 'over there' for a couple years. Let's roll.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Quote Originally Posted by TEOTWAWKI13 View Post
    Wonder how long 'til we start having "turf wars".
    I love the direction our new home is taking. It's refreshing to read all the threads where real people actually do real prep related activities. Then they.....gasp....discuss said prep related activities. All of the basement warriors and tinfoil freaks just water everything down.

There's really no need for a turf war. We're focusing on becoming the top spot for serious prepping discussion. They are focusing on being the World Net Daily of prepping & enlightened acceptance. That's cool. It's just a different focus and feel. Sort of like the difference between Arfcom and Lightfigther. You go to one looking for reliable information posted by those who've been in harms way. You can count on that information being accurate or at least field tested. As you can imagine we want shtfready to be thought of similarly.

Like I said, I'm really pleased with the crew that is starting to form and the threads that are popping up here.

Looking forward to seeing who else joins our motley band of brigands.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I love the direction our new home is taking. It's refreshing to read all the threads where real people actually do real prep related activities. Then they.....gasp....discuss said prep related activities. All of the basement warriors and tinfoil freaks just water everything down.

There's really no need for a turf war. We're focusing on becoming the top spot for serious prepping discussion. They are focusing on being the World Net Daily of prepping & enlightened acceptance. That's cool. It's just a different focus and feel. Sort of like the difference between Arfcom and Lightfigther. You go to one looking for reliable information posted by those who've been in harms way. You can count on that information being accurate or at least field tested. As you can imagine we want shtfready to be thought of similarly.

Like I said, I'm really pleased with the crew that is starting to form and the threads that are popping up here.

Looking forward to seeing who else joins our motley band of brigands.
    Oh man I was just being my usual smartastic self. I like this site already. I'm not gonna lie and say some of the old tin foil stuff wasn't interesting reading and I added my share to that topic, but it was done for "something to do" so to speak. Part of me used it to pass time during a boring day.

But you're so right. It had taken a "command center in mom's basement" sort of feel to it.

I look forward to the "application" of useful info from this place.

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Premium section will bring some of that soon. We're just thinking about it.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedJohn View Post
    Premium section will bring some of that soon. We're just thinking about it.
    Good to know. Not a priority. In moderation it's all well and good, but there are certain members of "other" sites take it too far and it grows quite annoying. A conversation about the best way to plant a garden would turn into a rant agains the devil Monsanto corporation and how it was designed to thin the herd in an effort for the aliens to come back to earth and mate with the reptilians in the underground base beneath the Denver Airport where all the MREs were purchased and stored by the federal government who was afraid Niburu was coming to crash into earth in 2012. Whew! I'm out of breath typing all that.

God I love my job!

Staff

Man,Am I glad all you guys(and gal) are here,it feels like the old days of when I would log in for an answer to some solid prep question and get an answer from 5 different members...and they were all right on the money! Now that place is the source of disinformation and my fellow grown-ups are here rebuilding the practical users forum the way it was back then!
    It's only a wuss caliber until I shoot you with it!

I'll most likely shit myself

Funny how things change. It's got to the of a question getting 20 answers, but I takes 30 minutes of sorting thru crap to find something useful.
    Even as small as "ready" is right now, but growing quickly, I'm picking up good info most everyday. Also gettin to know some of you I never had the chance to before.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Honestly, since we're having a lovefest, I feel reinvigorated about prepping. Frankly dealing the mouthbreathers sucked the will to prep from me. Reading a new PM every day that basically said "Whhhhaaaaaaaaa it hurt my feelings when you closed my link dump" and then the follow up 7 PM's of "why are you so mean" didn't leave much energy left over for discussing prepping.

Please spread the word about us to your fellow serious preppers. We're looking for fellow like minded folks who want to discuss prepping and share their real world experience with the group. Basement bound warriors and UTG loving fools need not apply as they will be stomped.

howdy gang. Mind if I hang out?