Page 15 of 94 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome new members! Introduce yourselves here

New guy here (been lurking for a while though) and just wanted to say howdy. I have been in the meat industry all my life. Hope that I can share some info with everyone that can be helpful here! Spent a lot of time in the outdoors as well. After a little baptism by fire last month with 6 days without power (no big deal cause I was ready) after the hurricane I decided to join up. Look forward to reading more great threads!

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Glad to hear that you were ready for the unexpected. Your meat industry experience will be a real asset here.

Thanks Redjohn! It was just a camping trip for me. Broke out my gear and made the best of it. Best items I had through it was my dynamo radio (everybody should have one) and some propane bottle lanterns. I have hoses to hook those lanters to a 30 lb propane bottle I keep just for that. Look forward to sharing some info on anything from raising animals all the way to processing shelf stable meat products.

Timing is very important
    Hello all! Looking for a new place to hang out and just came across this site. I haven't lurked here so I'll be fairly quite while I look around. Hopefully this is what I'm looking for when it comes to preparedness forums. The member list looks promising.

I became aware of this site thru an e-mail.
    US Army 1967-1970, Vietnam vet.
    Wife and I live in a rural part of north Florida with our chickens, horses, and dogs. She's retired, I'm almost there.
    I'm a member of quite a few sites, mainly history, veteran, firearms, and survival places. I'm RPD on most of them, but beware of imposters. There's only one real me (some may say Thank God!).

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Are you a member on FSN?

Hello everyone!!! I'm glad I got the link, I stopped going to the other site because it just wasn't any fun without y'all ! Didn't post much there but was around alot in the shadows.
    I live on the middle east coast of FL with my wife and young son. I am 32 and have been here my entire life. My family has been here since the 1870s when it was only skeeters and gators.
    I own and operate a small lawn maintenance and pest control company. I like to hunt, fish, and camp. I don't get to do it enough though.

Btw gunbuilder am I still in on the convoy out of FL when shtf?

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Glad you found us mate. Seems like there's a group of you over Florida way.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

And I guess I have to get a new lower

I just recieved my invite to this site via email today. Glad to be here and hope I can contribute to the group.