Page 72 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome new members! Introduce yourselves here

Premium Member
    Welcome to all who are new to colony. MOM, good for you on the home schooling. We home schooled our younger son. He then went off to college and did very well. Graduated two years ago with honors, got married last year to his college sweetheart and they both have great careers. She's an ER nurse and he's a Film Maker/Director. So homeschooling does work!
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

I guess it is about time I introduced myself, and give you all a little insight into what makes me tick. I am a retire Navy E-6 having served on split service. Did a Nam deployment in 1972, I am 62 years young, and plan to be around for a long time. I am a Christian,who believes the bible is the word of God. I believe my oath of enlistment has no expiration date, yes I am a member of Oath Keepers. I believe in the Constitution as it was written by our founding fathers as the law of the land. I believe in personal responsibility. I make no excuses for my actions. I am a conservative. I have been told on more then one occasion I have an attitude problem, I see it more as a liberals perception problem. I do not help others to feel good, I help others to do good. I have no friends here, I have family.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by robsdak View Post
    EASY NOW... don't speak ill of me, i'll have Grumpy smack you around. hey, i am glad you finally made it. guys, this is 'My Brother from Another Mother' now we have another avenue of conversation. i told you, a bunch of good people here, you'll fit in fine.
    But you didn't tell him that we paid you to send him over here did you? Guess you owe him like around $500 or so??????
    I apologize for nothing...

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by supraneurotoxin View Post
    i! I live in upstate ny, long time outdoorsy guy. boy scout, 0311, emt-b, dad, lake brat. I enjoy fishing, canning, gardening, stocking, herbal medicine, diy, cooking, pioneer/other olde timey skills, bushcraft, camping, ultra light hiking, tough mudder(buffalo 7/27/13, wooo!) long walks on the beach, cuddling, etc.
    Long time member of zombie squad(read: Hipster undead fan. I liked zombies before they were cool.), the high road, when shtf, and a few others.
    This post was hastily completed, but I wanted to make sure I got an intro in before I went gallivanting around posting thing's
    Welcome! I lived upstate for a very long time and it is freezing ice cold up there!! Still have family up that way. Beautiful country though.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Welcome to all the new ants in the colony from the resident curmudgeon. Don't be afraid to go back through older threads. There's lots of good info there. The one that comes immediately to mind is The Chainsaw Primer thread.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by momwithaprep View Post
    Howdy, folks, I'm Mom with a Prep and new to the board! I keep running into referrals to the forum on FB so decided to go ahead and join.

Our family is relatively new to prepping, still in research and accumulation stages, wanting so much much more. We homeschool our two children and have finally talked the Mr. into some chickens! (big excitement here as we're beginning the coop today)
    I homeschooled my son as well and he scored so high on the college entrance exams they didn't quite know what to do with him. It's funny that they require a higher standard for home schooled kids to get into college and are almost punished for being so but they are so much smarter than public or even private schooled kids. Now there is some discussion that home schooling may not be a right here in this country with all the stuff going on over the German family who wanted to stay here due to it being illegal over there. It's terrible. Good luck and enjoy it.
    So happy about the chickens!!!!!! I've been trying to talk dh into them for years. He hates them...says they are dirty but I've been plugging away at him telling him how much healthier the eggs and meat are for us and how much it breaks my heart the way they are treated in the broiler houses. It makes me cry just talking about it, the poor little things. I know I'll get them one of these days though. What kind did you get? For meat or eggs or both? Please post some pics when you can. I would love to see them!
    Welcome to the site, I sent you a pm.

Hi, everyone. I'm likely going to be a lurker most of the time here but just though I should at least say hi :-)

As my username indicated, I am indeed deaf. I'm currently waiting to finish my very last semester of college this fall, woohoo! And I'm trying to figure out all sort of thing right now. I have been 'awakened' in the past year and have been slowly trying to develop skills and plans. For now I'm just focusing on actively minimizing my dependencies in general. I want to learn how to hunt animal and grow my own foods so I don't have to depend on a job to pay for foods. I want to learn to enjoy nature more so I don't have to spend money on activities that does not benefit me otherwise. I'm learning to cook more from scratch than before. All of this should benefit me and my wife. I am also trying to learn how to improve infosec and whatnot by deleting my Facebook account and many other sites. So I'm still in middle of decentralizing my info online. I even went as far as to sell my iPad for a Nook HD which I then installed a custom android version for much better security and whatnot. I am strongly interested in homeschooling our future children if we get any.

As for my reason to do so, all of the recent obvious US antics was what pushed me over the fence with some of my changes. I also want to be prepared for the possibility of problems that may arise from trying to find a place to move to once me and my wife have graduated from college and for natural disasters.

Anyway, that's just a snapshot of what I'm trying to do and would like to prepare for. :-)

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Welcome to the forum DG. Your presence stirs interest in sign language, Ive been thinking about it for a while.

Do you know of any good free programs to self teach sign language??

Hope you enjoy your stay!
    EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

I'll most likely shit myself

Welcome DG. Glad you decided to join us.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Welcome Supraneuro. . .whatever the rest of it is! Can I just call ya Bob? Larry? Joe?

Welcome MomW/Prep! Thats awesome on the homeschooling, trying to talk HH6 into that myself!

Welcome DG, I feel what ya mean when ya say just trying to figure it all out, been there done that got the t-shirt! If ya need any help, done be shy, ask away, every person on here is a fountain of information on multitudes of subjects, and we have no issues with sharing knowledge, so ask away!

To each and every one of you, welcome to the colony, ask questions, share information, and enjoy your stay!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.