Page 1 of 94 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome new members! Introduce yourselves here

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Welcome new members! Introduce yourselves here

At SHTF Ready, we love to know about our members. Come say hello and tell us a little about. Don't break OPSEC though.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Hello everyone, I came here from another site by invitation (I think)--I hope to give as much information and input as I get from here and welcome all the new members yet to come.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Quote Originally Posted by LUNCHBOX View Post
    Hello everyone, I came here from another site by invitation (I think)--I hope to give as much information and input as I get from here and welcome all the new members yet to come.
    Welcome aboard.

We appreciate you joining us. Hope we can build a place that's worth your time.

ETA: I am an industrial salesman who's in the process of moving to rural southern Mississippi. It's part of a larger plan but driven by a job transfer. I'm interested in defensive shooting, creative writing and generally hanging out with my family.

I'm really looking forward to helping build a true community of folks interested in prepping/survival.

Quote Originally Posted by LUNCHBOX View Post
    Welcome here. We're going to build a true survival community here.

Staff

I invited lunchbox(my buddy from somewhere else),I invited a bunch of other troops as well. I think you will recognize some and welcome them all.
    As for me,I'm a retired Ltc ffrom the US Army,I live in SoFLO and have all the same interest as you guys. I'm a licensed gunsmith(parttime) and a fulltime nuclear Chemist/Physicist.
    Lets party troops!

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Stig, I grew up in a little hole called Water Valley in Miss. Good memories, good luck to you.

A little about myself....Military, I spent some time in the sand back in '90-'91, Army Infantry. Job here, job there. For the last 7 years in L.E. with a Sheriff Dept. I like the outside more than the inside anytime.

Gunbuilder, thanks for the invite.

Premium Member

I'm Jerry D Young. Been prepping for a long time, influenced by the Cuban Missile Crisis as a child, the Cold War, and then the New Madrid Seismic Zone when we moved to southeast Missouri. I've been disabled for some time, live in Reno, NV, and spend my time in forums like this one and writing the occasional story related to Preps and the PAW, as well as a few things in other genres. Hope to learn a lot, and pass along a little useful information I've picked up over the years. If it is all right with the site owners and administrators, I'd like to post some of my fiction here. But only if it is okay. Much of it does involve a Post Apocalyptic World scenario.

Jerry D Young

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry D Young View Post
    I'm Jerry D Young. Been prepping for a long time, influenced by the Cuban Missile Crisis as a child, the Cold War, and then the New Madrid Seismic Zone when we moved to southeast Missouri. I've been disabled for some time, live in Reno, NV, and spend my time in forums like this one and writing the occasional story related to Preps and the PAW, as well as a few things in other genres. Hope to learn a lot, and pass along a little useful information I've picked up over the years. If it is all right with the site owners and administrators, I'd like to post some of my fiction here. But only if it is okay. Much of it does involve a Post Apocalyptic World scenario.

Jerry D Young
    Jerry..glad you found us and made your way here. Thanks for honoring us by spending time here.

We are discussing a creative writing forum. I'll make a note to PM you once it goes live.

Premium Member

Hi guys, Terry here, glad to see there is one more place for me to hang out now. I look forward to learning alot from all of you. The place looks great by the way...

gunbuilder..thanks for the invitation.

Welcome all. Don't forget to invite your serious prepping friends.