Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Individual First Aid Gear Placement

GunnerMax
    I have my http://www.narescue.com/Maritime_Ass...C=3000250D2301 on my Plate carrier, hooked onto my right side plate.

Its specifically made for NECC
    Last edited by GunnerMax; 01-24-2012 at 01:06 PM.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    that............is very different.

Yeah, it looks really bulky, but it's really light weight. His intent when he made it was for it to be a buddy-assist kind of thing for LE, etc. who might be pinned down, or cut off from immediate help. I told him I'd like to see that same sized kit on a semi rigid panel that would fit in a man bag and could be pulled out of the bag quickly.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Bacon Spam

Quote Originally Posted by LUNCHBOX View Post
    ^^^That last sentence brings up a question....Do you know all the blood types in your immediate family? If not, well, you get the idea. It might not be a bad idea to come up with a personal "dog tag" for each member of your family with just some basic info--allergy, blood type or even major meds. Just an idea.
    no first responder or EMT is gonna trust a patch, dog tag or sticker, you will not get blood till they type you at the hospital, no sticker will make that process go any faster

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Probably not, but... If you're in-route in an ambulance, they can call ahead for the blood type needed. Also a MAG member might be able to save your life post-shtf if he happens to have your blood type, and the medic or MAG doc deems it necessary to have a transfusion.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Quote Originally Posted by rentprop1 View Post
    no first responder or EMT is gonna trust a patch, dog tag or sticker, you will not get blood till they type you at the hospital, no sticker will make that process go any faster
    I'm basing my comments to a time frame when EMTs are not showing. This is all in a survival situation. AK answered it best....someone in your small colony may be your only chance and not knowing b-types is not an option.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

In his experience the hammer head is better

On the ambulance at least in my area we do not call ahead with blood types. It's to risky for the hospitals to trust anything but the tests. Maybe if you have your shit squared away and the doc trusts you it may help getting it faster.

Now mag wise you should all know types just in case. I recommend writing it on your ifak or somewhere on your kit that's easily readable. You never know post shtf if you'll need blood. Everyone should know or have a way of finding out if the situation presents itself.
    "When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson
    "It's less dangerous, to run across a wild animal than a stranger." Vasily Peskov

Bacon Spam

so how do you find out your blood type if you don't know ....give blood ??

In his experience the hammer head is better

Id recommend giving blood, thats how I found out. Otherwise ask your doctor and see if he/she can do something for you. Thats the only way I know of to find out.

GunnerMax
    Mine is A Pos, and that is reflected on my dog tags that are ALWAYS on me. And written on my boots. i do not have an A+ patch yet.

may be in trouble

Does anyone here know if there is a bloodtyping test kit, even an experimental one, that can be used onsite/during transport? Seems to me to be a good piece of gear to have plenty of for the groups.