Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Izzy's Gear Reviews: Sportsmoke.com smoke grenades

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by Evolver View Post
    Wow nice Video review. Do you have any broadcasting background? If not it sounded like you do and I'd say yeah do more of these video reviews or for that matter even demo's.
    No, no background in it. And thanks! I'll do some more when time permits and I get something good to do a review on.
    I did another video review about the Motorola Saber radios. I think it's in the comms section
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

When did they make the Mil type illegal?

Better question.....are they grandfathered?
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    I don't know exactly when they made them illegal, but I doubt they're grandfathered.

They actually declared the fuse (M17??) to be a "destructive device", and so are NFA controlled devices. I guess since it is the same fuse for regular fragmentation grenades and such. Maybe they felt the smoke grenades would be purchased just to get the fuses to make something illegal, I don't know for sure.
    So, the smoke part isn't illegal, just the fuse. Unless it's registered.

This is why I doubt they're grandfathered.

I think that what is on the market is just there. I've see some M-18's and ALS pull pin type on Gunbroker and Ar15.com recently. They were quite the pretty penny though.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

I bought a couple cases of the ALSG972 type a few years back. Gave a couple to a few friends.....Guess I'll give them a heads up it may now be contraband.

That sucks....Cause I was looking to get a couple more cases. They work great....lots of smoke.

I may have to go with the type you reviewed....they seem like when they get going.....they really put out some smoke.....That small one would have emptied a small house quickly...
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Yeah, it's puts out a lot of smoke. I haven't ried one of the big ones yet.

I've got a few of the real deal M18's, but I'm saving those for a special occasion

Re: Izzy's Gear Reviews: Sportsmoke.com smoke grenades

Very nice review. Will be adding a few of these very soon. How is the large one in comparison?

Havent fired on off in comparison, but it is much larger. About the size of a can of soda

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Glad I got in before peak-ALS Smoke Grenades hit.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

NVG....totally a work deduction!

The ALS smokes are not destructive devices, the fuse is just considered an explosive. They will not sell them to anyone without an explosives license.

Word is they are working on a different fuse compound, but I doubt its high priority since they can still sell to government agencies.