Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Izzy's Gear Reviews: Sportsmoke.com smoke grenades

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Quote Originally Posted by carolinasurvivalist View Post
    Very nice review. Will be adding a few of these very soon. How is the large one in comparison?

I have popped all three (small-a bit bigger than a D battery, medium-around 2 D batteries and large-soda can) and they all work well. Of course a couple larges would cover a retreat very well.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

How "water proof/resistant" would you guys say these are?
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Bacon saver

Son, you have missed your calling. You need your own show, Dizzy Izzy's Surplus Depo Demos! Answer the man's question on water proof, how is it on water proof? Me I think I would keep them in a zip-lok due to their cardboard tube construction. They are not built like the M18's. Just my observation. The other drawback it the possibility of the pull ring getting snagged. scotch tape maybe the pull ring down for temp. hold down device?
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by Echo2 View Post
    How "water proof/resistant" would you guys say these are?

They aren't what I would call waterproof. I would wrap them in some OD duct tape and then maybe carry them in a ziplock bag as well.

As Riverrat pointed out, they are constructed in a cardboard tube. While they are sturdy, and will no doubt handle my fat ass falling on top of them, I would definitely protect them form the elements. But hey, for a fraction of the cost of an ALS can, these are a good buy.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    I didn't watch the vid, maybe I need to, but depending on where the smoke comes out, you may be able to dip them in melted wax, seal them up.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

NOt a bad idea.........that hadn't even occurred to me.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.