Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Monday February 6th Random Thought Thread

was going to be a smart ass but went official instead
    Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    I gotta figure out some way to stick that on my front door. We just just a visit from them last Saturday. It may make them just turn around.
    They haven't been to my place since I answered the door in just my tightie whities, rubbing my belly. Been three years now. Kinda bummed that they didn't want to hang out.

For the Love of Cats

LOL. made me remember one time I was out visiting my mom (small town 1-1/2 hrs away from where I was living. We spent a couple hours chatting and drinking coffee... just hangin.

I had to go, and she says that she's going to the basement to do some ironing, so please make sure the door is locked. She went downstairs, and I went to take a leak before leaving.

Just as I opened the door, there was a couple there, about to knock. Surprised I asked what they wanted, and they introduced themselves.

With a very pleasant smile on my face:

I invited them in, and explained that my mom and I were just talking about religion. I offered coffee, and they accepted, so I grabbed mom's big 12 cup maker, and made a full pot. I poured them a couple cups, and asked them to wait, as I wanted to get my mom before we started talking. Once they were all settled, I went downstairs, interupted my moms ironing, and told her that someone was here, I didn't know who, but I think they're from your work.

Then I high-tailed it out of there as fast as I could!

When she called me that evening, she REALLY wasn't in a very happy mood, despite having had the opportunity to discuss God's love for 3-1/2 hours.

They didn't leave until that whole pot of coffee was gone, and my mom couldn't even help them drink it as she wasn't allowed caffeine.

After she cooled down, we laughed about this for the next 15 years.

*Sigh*
    I miss her!

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Quo Vadis?

A laugh a minute

A laugh a minute

I'll most likely shit myself

Sniper your Mom should have kicked your butt! That is a funny story though.

A laugh a minute

For the Love of Cats

BP. My mom was the greatest woman ever. yeah, she shoulda, and if I had been closer, she probably woulda! She seriously did when I was growin' up!

I might have even deserved it once or twice... or well... every time! lol.

Remember.... I grew up in the day that not only were parents allowed to whack their kids when they did something completely stupid... but they acknowledged their friends rights to whack their kids when necessary.

... and encouraged it.

Man, I remember once, we (my friends) were cruising through town on our bikes, slamming potatoes up exhaust pipes and got caught... That COP son of a bitch, rooted through the bag for the biggest one he could find and two handed slammed it into my mouth!

HUGE drama!!

My mom showed up... heard the cops stories, dumped the bag and found the biggest one left. under my protests of innocence, she smacked it into my mouth!

And then I had to pay for all the manifold gaskets that I blew out.

What a Witch!!

and then I got a lickin'

and then I got grounded!

And I'll tell you all... That is the last bushel of potatoes that I EVER smacked up peoples exhausts!!
    Last edited by Sniper-T; 03-27-2012 at 06:48 PM.