Thread: Many Uses for Hydrogen Peroxide

A laugh a minute

Many Uses for Hydrogen Peroxide

I copied this from another form but thought it would be useful.
    I rinse my mouth out with this everyday and use it when I have a toothache. I use it for a lot of things. I have about 20 bottles so far and I buy it 5 at a time at the dollar tree store every 2 weeks.

Many Uses for Hydrogen Peroxide

1. Take one capful (the little white cap that comes with the bottle) and hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out. No more canker sores and your teeth will be whiter without expensive pastes. Use it instead of mouthwash. (Small print says mouth wash and gargle right on the bottle).
    2. Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of "Peroxide" to keep them free of germs.
    3. Clean your counters with peroxide to kill germs and leave a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your dishrag when you wipe, or spray it on the counters.
    4. After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to kill salmonella and other bacteria.
    5. One man reports, “I had a fungus on my feet for years - until I sprayed a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water on them (especially the toes) every night and let dry. All gone.”
    6. Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes several times a day. A nurse reports that she has seen gangrene that would not heal with any medicine, but was healed by soaking in peroxide.
    8. Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic system like bleach or most other disinfectants will.
    9. Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mixture whenever you have a cold, or plugged sinuses. It will bubble and help to kill the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes then blow your nose into a tissue.
    10. If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to a dentist right away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten minutes several times a day. The pain will lessen greatly.
    11. If you like a natural look to your hair, spray the 50/50 solution on your wet hair after a shower and comb it through. You will not have the peroxide burnt blonde hair like the hair dye packages, but more natural highlights if your hair is a light brown, reddish, or dirty blonde. It also lightens gradually so it's not a drastic change.
    12. Put half of a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help rid boils, fungus, or other skin infections.
    13. You can also add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of whites in your laundry to whiten them. If there are protein stains on clothing, pour it directly on the spot, let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with water. Repeat if necessary.
    14. I use peroxide to clean my mirrors with, and there is no smearing which is why I love it so much for this. I could go on and on. It is a little brown bottle no home should be without! With prices of most necessities rising, I'm glad there's a way to save tons of money in such a simple, healthy manner.
    15. Use 3% Hydrogen peroxide for removing blood stains – especially if they are fairly fresh. Pour directly on the soiled spot, let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary. It is a great bleaching agent for stubborn stains on white clothes. Combine ½ c. hydrogen peroxide and 1 t. ammonia for a great stain removal combination.
    16. Use hydrogen peroxide to bleach delicate items such as wool or wool blends. Soak them overnight in a solution of one part 3% hydrogen peroxide to eight parts cold water. Launder according to care instructions.
    17. Always use 3% hydrogen peroxide for cleaning. The other one – that you use to bleach your hair – will remove the color from carpets or clothing.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

There were stains on the porcelain sink in the bathroom... None of the cleaning chemicals would get the hazy stain out, until I used regular 'ol peroxide... little capful with some baking soda and it was sparkling clean again! Also great for removing soap scum from sinks and tubs!
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Resident Seafood Procurement Officer

If you happen to get blood on your clothes, a peroxide rinse will make it go away. Be prudent however, there are reasons to believe that it will kill live tissue. Just use with caution and read about it on the webs. Could cause gangrene in some instances. YMMV

Watch one, Do one, Teach one
    Higher consentrations can cause damage, It's an used as a propellant in rocketry.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by piranha2 View Post
    If you happen to get blood on your clothes, a peroxide rinse will make it go away. Be prudent however, there are reasons to believe that it will kill live tissue. Just use with caution and read about it on the webs. Could cause gangrene in some instances. YMMV
    It says in the OP that a nurse saw it get rid of gangrene. . .so it will cause it and get rid of it too?
    *scratches head*

Watch one, Do one, Teach one
    Gangrene is anerobic(O2 is toxic to the bug)h2o2 produces oxygen,kills the bug.

"Contact with moderate concentrations of hydrogen peroxide will cause whitening of the skin and stinging sensations. The whitening is due to the formation of gas bubbles in the epidermal layer of the skin. The stinging, in most cases, subsides quickly after thorough washing, and the skin gradually returns to normal without any damage. Highly concentrated hydrogen peroxide can cause blistering if left on skin surfaces for any length of time."

I have still yet to grow a brain
    You can use 3% Hyd/Perox to brush your teeth. Spit the stuff into a cup and store your tooth brush there as well. I have read that and even tried it. Kill bad breath (if you gargle with it) whitens teeth cleans teeth and cleans your brush with one dose of it. You choose how much you will use.

For the Love of Cats

Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Where's the epi?

If you are going to use it medically or to cleanse internally (yes you can drink it) you should but food grade quality (35%) and dilute it to 3%. They used it in the 1800's for almost everything until the pharmaceutical companies figured out a way to turn a profit and it fell by the wayside. The stuff you buy at the store has toxins in it and isn't very good to use to be honest.

http://www.educate-yourself.org/canc...e17jul03.shtml

http://wolfcreekranch1.tripod.com/food_grade_h202.html

http://www.foodgrade-hydrogenperoxid...hAboutFGHP.pdf
    This one is a PDF file and believe about 85 pages long. Great info on this site.
    I apologize for nothing...