Thread: Marz Combat Medic Pouch Quick Review

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Marz Combat Medic Pouch Quick Review

Marz Combat Medic Pouch

I am neither in combat nor a medic but I find this pouch to be very handy and thought I'd give it a quick overview here. Thought it could be useful for various different uses.

Short story: this is a large medic pouch with a three place AR15/M4 mag shingle on the back. In other words, instead of having a 3 mag shingle on a belt or plate carrier, and then attaching a pouch over the top of that, the Marz med pouch combines both items into one. The result is a much thinner overall combination.

Here's what Marz says about it:

Combat Medic Pouch
    MARZ Tactical Gear's Combat Medic Pouch puts ammo and medical supplies right in the Medic's workspace. The pouch holds 3 M4 mags with bungee retention in the rear of the pouch. The main compartment has an adjustable "drawbridge" to allow the Medic to control the opening of the pouch.

Combat Medic Pouch Specifics:

3 M4 mag slots on rear of pouch - fits PMAG™s with or without Ranger Plates
    Non-slip bungee pull tabs
    Bungee retention strap that is removable/ replaceable
    Reverse zippers keep dirt and moisture out of pouch
    Zipper covers eliminated to prevent catching when opening/ closing
    Grommet in bottom
    Pull tab for main compartment to allow quick one handed access
    Adjustable 550 cord "drawbridge" allows user to control opening of pouch
    Internal mesh pocket in rear of pouch
    Smaller elastic loops on inside of flap for NPAs, catheters, etc.
    Larger elastic loops on inside of flap for Hemostatic agents, tourniquets, dressings, etc.
    Loop on outside of pouch to attach patches
    Has no external webbing to minimize footprint
    Designed primarily as a medical pouch, but can be used for EOD, utility, etc.
    Made From 1000D Cordura
    To give you an idea on size, here is is on a war belt. It's the bag to the far left with the white skull patch (and then a different pouch against a tape).

So it is a large bag (measuring in 9"w x 7"t x 3"d) and if real estate on your belt/plate carrier is limited that could be a consideration.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Claptrap's Problem Solver

The amount of stuff you can jam into this pouch is amazing.

That last one isn't mine but I included it to give you a little better view inside the bag. Basically there is a large mesh pocket on the backside of the bag, and a raft of nylon stretchy loops on the other. So configuring the bag to your needs is very easy.

In my particular bag (first two pictures above) I've got izzy bandages, celox packets, chest seals, CAT tourniquets, splints, ace bandages, space blankets, dehydration salts, triangle bandages, scissors, duct tape, forceps & sutures, etc. Really the bag is probably only 45 to 50% full.

The pouch has the expected features: a draw string to keep the flap from flopping all the way open, heavy zipper pulls, a grommet for water drainage. The pulls on the mag pouches are leather and there's plenty of velcro for patches. Attachment is through molle and built in straps/snaps on the back.

What I really like about the pouch is the versatility. Have a day-hike backpack with some molle straps? Toss this on as an external first aide kit and you're covered for most anything. Throw the bag on a riggers belt with a canteen and have a simple set up for a brisk walk through the countryside. Going to the kids baseball games, use the bag as a standalone for your cellphone, sunscreen and car keys.

Out of curiosity, I dropped a Motorola Saber radio into one of the mag pouches....it fits perfectly. So mag pouches don't necessarily have to house mags. This would even be a great "grab and go" bag for the car. Fill it up and toss it in the trunk or console.

Here's a picture of the mag slot sans mag.

So you can see lot of non-mil, non-threatening stuff can fit in there. You are really limited by your imagination.

-----------------------

If you can deal with the size of the bag, and the cost ($85) it's a very well built, versatile and innovative way to combine mags & first aide for combat situations, while providing massive storage space for civilian situations.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

For the Love of Cats

NIce!!

Is it truly waterproof? My problem with firstaid kits is always flooding. especially in my boat kit, camping kit, and snowmobile kit. I`ve resorted to using small pelican cases. which don`t strap onto anything very well. although they would fit inside this rather well.

Thanks for the review!!

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I can see this piece of kit useful for just about anyone, regardless of whether you are into the military gear or not. This could easily house a survival kit for the car. Add a strap and it would make a great tactical diaper bag for dad's with young uns.

I think that a lot of folks who aren't interested in the .mil gear need to take a look at stuff like this. It's multipurpose, rugged, and last for a LONG time.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.