Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Best 3 Pieces of gear you've acquired, and why?

I have thought about this a lot before responding. I think my top three pieces of gear would be my faith in God to help carry me through the hard times in life and celebrate with me during the good, all the knowledge and books I have picked up over the years, and my family which help me do things I could never accomplish on my own.

NVG....totally a work deduction!

Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    I've set mine to the side as well. Not for something bigger, but because I was able to transfer most of its components, their equivalents, or substitutes to my pockets, and I dont ever forget those at home. Not to mention the fact it was getting cumbersome carrying it and my school bag everywhere I was going. As much as I love the versipack I'd really like something with better integration capabilities.
    Mine was my school/work bag, I suppose that is why I needed something larger. Although I have streamlined some gear, my tablet replaced my laptop, and my newest tablet and phone use the same charger now.

Each year, I do this eval on some forum. It's always changing, and its difficult.

For the 2013 year of gear, I'd list the following three items, in order based on use:

1. Surefire X300 Ultra.
    2. Phokus Hoplite (Won in a giveaway).
    3. Crye Precision JPC

There are a few other things I acquired but I don't use them as much and find as useful.

I call big spoon.
    Top three is a tough one since I love all my gear. I'd have to place my 5.11 covrt bag on the list, it has all the organization of the rush series but with a more every day student look. Perfect to keep as a get home bag without looking military with camo and molle.

My Eberlestock g4 operator is quite an amazing pack. Tons of organization and great customer service. Well made and has a rifke scabbard.

I love my pig plate Carrier, it's lightweight and provides great mobility, I can fit a chest rig over it, but I better place my mountain hardwear hunker tent at number 3.

The tent is a 4 season 1 man tent, not obnoxiously colored like much of the outdoor gear and goes up easy. I have yet to field it though.

For the Love of Cats

Three things that I am never without... ever!
    1. Pocketknife
    2. Bic lighter
    3. Sunglasses.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    Three things that I am never without... ever!
    1. Pocketknife
    2. Bic lighter
    3. Sunglasses.
    A week or so ago, I somehow managed to lose my knife

Sucks hard. It was the great one I got from Domeguy a couple years ago. I've been trying to fill it's shoes with different backups I have kicking around, but it's just not the same. Heading to Cabelas tomorrow to buy a new one!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I'll most likely shit myself

What kinda knife was it?

Losing your regular knife sucks, I tend to stick with the same one for EDC forever.

finally pooped
    I agree, Sadly though I don't use my favorite knife as an EDC because it's too nice! lol. I use one that work bought for me that I don't even really like.

For the Love of Cats

I don't even remember the name of it. If it had one ??? it was nothing fancy, but it fit my hand perfectly, and held a nice edge. About the only two criteria that I have.

I have a couple of nice ones that rarely leave the safe! One hasn't even cleaned an animal yet!

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    I don't even remember the name of it. If it had one ??? it was nothing fancy, but it fit my hand perfectly, and held a nice edge. About the only two criteria that I have.

I have a couple of nice ones that rarely leave the safe! One hasn't even cleaned an animal yet!
    shame on you! knives are meant to be used.

i have a few. from $27 - $325 and they all make it through the rotation.

as for favorite 3 pieces of gear? i would have to i don't have any.

3 that i couldn't do with out... with these 3 i get by until i 'find' what else i want.

knife
    ferro rod
    paracord
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy