Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Best 3 Pieces of gear you've acquired, and why?

Having my workout equipment in my buddy's garage makes it pretty much at home.

Think of ways to do "work" projects to workout. Sounds like your doing that with pull ups already. I have seen things like the top of the hour 10 pullups/pushups/burpees/squats programs.

I would do a workout at the end of a dayshift, start of a graveyard shift and then during the 12 hour shift 3 times I'd do some WOD of say 3 rounds of 20 lunges, 20 squats, 20 incline pushups (bumper of a car).

I really only dry practice once a week on a day off. Keeping my body fit to fight is very important and has helped with sustaining my shooting skills.

Other gear purchases I've made have been essential in the gear market, but only because I'm in good enough shape to make use of them.

Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    Lol. I definitely do hard work at least. I get regular squats, deadlifts, and farmers walks in with the dirt, mulch, rock I move. Or tools working with my dad. Presses of building Kettlebells I need, but I have some free weights. I do pullups now at work off my lockups door frame. I've got one of those ab wheels, and as gimmicky as it seems it is actually damned effective. I never thought to get a dueling rope.

My biggest issue is time. I already get up at 4 am so I have time to exercise, do dry fire, and commune with my God. Having more equipment at home would certainly make things easier. Until then its improv at home or trek to the gym.

Thinking how you can use your daily work routine for fitness is smart. I was in a post Hurricane disaster area for work in 2008 (E Texas) and we were staying at a trashed Air Nat Guard base. We used the debris for fitness and the airfield for running. Run a lap, do a debris pickup and throw over shoulder for a few reps then run a lap then do pull ups, etc.

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Knowledge, knowledge and the skills to use it.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

I have a Goal Zero Yeti 400 for portable power, two of their lighthouse lanterns that produce 250 lumens each (and are charged by the Yeti) and a Wise 72 hour food kit for me and the wife. The solar items are great for home, but I can take them anywhere and charge just about every electronic device I've got including my emergency radio. Not the prepper supplies of all time for everyone - I just think the solar stuff is cool and the food bucket is perfect if you need to bolt quickly or even if you are just camping.