Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: EMT Training

Do you have a robot?
    Hay Vert is you training for an entire year? Why so long, ours out here are for a semester. I plan on attending in the fall. I let mine lapse, lets just say years ago and want to get updated. The problem is now it is an "EMS Academy" and I don't know if I really want to deal with that end of the spectrum. I guess it should be interesting, I guess I will be the old guy.........

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Good on both you and Realist Vert! You are not only assets to us but also to your communities! We're all pulling for you guys!
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Thanks grumpy!!

realist, im doing mine while im still in high school so it is reduced hours (3-4 a day) and i have to take the prerequisites as well... I'll be state certified after i graduate and do my practical...
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by vertstang86 View Post
    Nope, sarasota
    Ah...lived in Bradenton and worked (at SMH) and went to school (LMT) in Sarasota. Loved going shopping at St. Armands Circle. Good on ya for starting all this while you are still in high school. Keep us updated on how things are going and what you are learning, there are a lot of medical people here.
    I apologize for nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    Ah...lived in Bradenton and worked (at SMH) and went to school (LMT) in Sarasota. Loved going shopping at St. Armands Circle. Good on ya for starting all this while you are still in high school. Keep us updated on how things are going and what you are learning, there are a lot of medical people here.
    ha... no kidding! how long ago were you in the area? and thank you!
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Where's the epi?

ha... no kidding! how long ago were you in the area? and thank you!
    Left in '03 (you were probably still in Kindergarten!!!).
    I apologize for nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    Left in '03 (you were probably still in Kindergarten!!!).
    3rd grade... Im a bit older than 13/14 haha

Crotch Rocket

3rd grade... Im a bit older than 13/14 haha
    Really? I wouldn't have guessed!
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    Really? I wouldn't have guessed!
    hehehe...

And i got some great news today! Apparently, despite this state being completely FUBAR in a hundred different aspects, at 18 years old I can also enroll in the Paramedic Course... so once i finish EMT I'll be spending the extra 3500 bucks to get my Paramedic certification along side everything else... increases my knowledge and the pay is much better!

Resident Seafood Procurement Officer

You go get it grasshopper. The world is your oyster...........Whatever the hell that means.