Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: EMT Training

I'll most likely shit myself

Always good to have a plan Vert. GOOD ON YOU!

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

thank you Piranha and BP! Both jobs will give me critically important skills for prepping!
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Watch one, Do one, Teach one
    Quote Originally Posted by vertstang86 View Post
    hehehe...

And i got some great news today! Apparently, despite this state being completely FUBAR in a hundred different aspects, at 18 years old I can also enroll in the Paramedic Course... so once i finish EMT I'll be spending the extra 3500 bucks to get my Paramedic certification along side everything else... increases my knowledge and the pay is much better!
    Way to go.
    If the time arises that you need advise on Heart Rhythms feel free to ask.
    Can point you in the right direction for study guides.

Quote Originally Posted by IDTANDY View Post
    Way to go.
    If the time arises that you need advise on Heart Rhythms feel free to ask.
    Can point you in the right direction for study guides.
    Thanks a bunch! I'll keep that in mind!
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

In his experience the hammer head is better

Vert congrats on getting into your career. I have been firefighting since I turned 18...thats six years ago now I was a fire explorer from the time I was 12 to I got hired on the fire dept. Ive been a medic now for 4 years and was a basic for two before that. I also am a tactical medic, and am currently being considered for a command spot at my department. I do Fire at a busy paid on call dept, and am full time for a Municipal EMS system. Its the best job on earth in my opinion, and you should stand a decent shot of getting on a full time fire dept due to Florida still hiring those positions unlike here.

In my opinion get your medic right away, you will stand a better chance at getting a job with it. Also dont stop there get a degree because alot of depts are looking for that now.

Sounds like your on the right track in life. You remind me of how I started. The skill will be a huge help post shtf and even in every day life. PM me your info if you want, I can help you if you need it when your going through class. Just let me know. Good luck brother!
    "When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson
    "It's less dangerous, to run across a wild animal than a stranger." Vasily Peskov

thanks apssbc! I really appreciate it!

Do you have a robot?
    Vert I know it is probably a long time off but when you are done with the paramedic training you might consider taking a look at some of the tactical medic training schools (TEMS) that are around. They are a step up and will make you more marketable. The are a bunch of good programs. Good luck

What exactly are they?

CC Gray Panther
    Vert you need to gain all the knowledge as soon as you can because I think ( THE Bar & Grill ) is going to need your talents. Myself included.
    Of course most of us will probably want to pay you in food and drinks when you're of legal age. Until then food and soda ; milk ; water ; tea.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    I start my EMT Training next august, running for the year and take my state certification exams july 2013... Does anyone else here have any medical credentials?

*just the first certs in a line of them before i enter my career... (Firefighting / Paramedic)
    I actually was pondering on that as well. I own my own business (been running for 14 years) and here comes the big BUT. If the SHTF I will need to know some needed basics to make myself valuable. I have checked out a few community colleges with the Certs.

Questions
    1 How much are you able to 'legally' able to do. Or what are you not taught that would be needed?
    2 If I understand correctly it is only 2 semesters. Is that correct?