Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: EMT Training

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodin View Post
    I actually was pondering on that as well. I own my own business (been running for 14 years) and here comes the big BUT. If the SHTF I will need to know some needed basics to make myself valuable. I have checked out a few community colleges with the Certs.

Questions
    1 How much are you able to 'legally' able to do. Or what are you not taught that would be needed?
    2 If I understand correctly it is only 2 semesters. Is that correct?
    Legally, I'm not sure of what exactly can be done... there's another member that does know that to my knowledge though...

Full time classes take about that, plus your EMT-B prior to paramedic...
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Watch one, Do one, Teach one
    Florida has a good samaritan law,you render care according to your level of training.
    EMT,EMT-B and EMT-P are individual courses,Your Certs come from the state or at the national level.
    "When the world is at peace, a gentleman keeps his sword by his side"

Well, Into my first week and have my first test on thursday! We are required to take Health Sciences I & II before EMT, local requirement. We have one of the best EMT/Medic programs in the state and rank high in the national level as well so it is more work, but I will be coming out a better EMT/Medic. At least, that is how it should happen. lol. I'll periodically update the thread as I move on through the course as well!
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

I'll most likely shit myself

Sounds like you are right on track Twitchy. Good job!

I like to think so BP!

In his experience the hammer head is better

Congrats man! Im sure youll do fine, if you need anything shoot me a PM
    "When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson
    "It's less dangerous, to run across a wild animal than a stranger." Vasily Peskov

Quote Originally Posted by apssbc View Post
    Congrats man! Im sure youll do fine, if you need anything shoot me a PM
    Thanks! Will do! It sure is nice to have resources here if I have any questions!

Resident Seafood Procurement Officer

Good job Twitchy. We may need your services in the MAG, so learn well my friend.
    Just because we are peaceful does not mean we have forgotten how to be violent.

Sends messages from his BRONYDEVICE using MobileBro2

Re: EMT Training

Congratulations, brosif.
    If you want some advice, when you get called to go somewhere, and the person just has a paper cut, say "Ma'am, you're going into shock. What is today? No, today is applesauce. Stay still. You might attract dinosaurs. "

Sent from my BRODEVICE using MobileBro2

Quote Originally Posted by piranha2 View Post
    Good job Twitchy. We may need your services in the MAG, so learn well my friend.
    hehehe, will do!

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    Congratulations, brosif.
    If you want some advice, when you get called to go somewhere, and the person just has a paper cut, say "Ma'am, you're going into shock. What is today? No, today is applesauce. Stay still. You might attract dinosaurs. "

Sent from my BRODEVICE using MobileBro2
    Yeah... That actually happens... lol... Frequent flyers are always fun to deal with!