Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: EMT Training

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    congrats on your score... and have fun on the ride along... you know what i mean.

Re: EMT Training

whew congrats on going to emt school! Its a rewarding career if you can deal with all the BS that comes along with it, and trust me...There is ALOT of it XD

I've been working as a EMT for about a year and a half now and I enjoy the work. The skills you learn will most def be useful in a SHTF situation- not just the physical skills but also the mental aspect of keeping calm. I wish you all the best luck with it.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Quote Originally Posted by shoeglue View Post
    whew congrats on going to emt school! Its a rewarding career if you can deal with all the BS that comes along with it, and trust me...There is ALOT of it XD

I've been working as a EMT for about a year and a half now and I enjoy the work. The skills you learn will most def be useful in a SHTF situation- not just the physical skills but also the mental aspect of keeping calm. I wish you all the best luck with it.
    I completely agree!
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Congratulations! I have been in the fire/ems business for 21 years, the last 16 as a Paramedic. I am currently a career Paramedic/EMS Captain. Good luck and if you have any questions, just ask them.

Thanks a bunch!
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Premium Member

EMT Training

Hey twitchy are you also on the ZS? I am following a very similar thread over there.

I was talking about watching for the signs of bulging lumbar discs over there and it helped a few members.

For anyone that doesn't know watching for lumbar injuries is critical. If I would have caught my injury earlier I would have been back to work as a firefighter instead of losing my career.

Watch for pressure, stinging pain, repetitive pain and numbness in your legs, increased pressure and soreness in your back, and radiating pain down your legs. If you have any of those signs go directly to a chiropractor and get it checked on. EMS or any heavy lifting career with ignoring signs of bulged or shattered discs can very well ruin your life.

Hope this helps guys!

Thanks! Ill keep that in mind. Nope, not on ZS...

Premium Member
    in a real SHTF world, any medical profession will be a very valuable commodity...

very true greg!

Start the academy monday, is it bad the uniform cost me as much as the course itself did?

Do you have a robot?
    Hey Twichy how is class going? I finished my EMT skills final on Saturday and then the written was last night. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and it is not a train. Now on to the National Registry. I am amazed at how much time I had to spend over the last few months. Now I have to get back to things I have neglected.