Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coleman Lantern Lighters.

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Coleman Lantern Lighters.

Hey Gang! I went to Wally-World and back in the camping by the Lantern Mantels there is a Lantern Lighter made by Ozark Trail. I'm sure that they can be found elsewhere and there are other brands.

It said that it adapts to all types of propain, butane and white gas lanterns so for $5.00 I thought I would give it a try.

I installed it on a old 220p Coleman white gas model by bolting it through the match lighting hole and it worked out GREAT! ;D

It uses standard zippo flints and there is a spare inside of the twist knob so now I can stop looking for strike anywhere matches. Here is some photos.

Also... I've rebuilt old Coleman Lanterns and Stoves and found all the parts needed for rebuilding and spare parts here.

Coleman - Repair & Replacement Parts
    You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.

Watch one, Do one, Teach one
    Havn't seen one of those for a long time,avoids singed knuckles.
    "When the world is at peace, a gentleman keeps his sword by his side"

Thinks it might be German

That is a "MUST HAVE"... I'm tired of twisting pine needles into a lighting wick. Heading to Walmart tonight!

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Quote Originally Posted by Evolver View Post
    Hey Gang! I went to Wally-World and back in the camping by the Lantern Mantels there is a Lantern Lighter made by Ozark Trail. I'm sure that they can be found elsewhere and there are other brands.

It said that it adapts to all types of propain, butane and white gas lanterns so for $5.00 I thought I would give it a try.

I installed it on a old 220p Coleman white gas model by bolting it through the match lighting hole and it worked out GREAT! ;D

It uses standard zippo flints and there is a spare inside of the twist knob so now I can stop looking for strike anywhere matches. Here is some photos.

Also... I've rebuilt old Coleman Lanterns and Stoves and found all the parts needed for rebuilding and spare parts here.

Coleman - Repair & Replacement Parts
    Thanks for that link! I've got three stoves and two lanterns I need to rebuild out in the elephants graveyard, I mean my garage.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Glad to be of help Grumpy.

Thinks it might be German

These things are awesome! I picked up a few Coleman models last night at Walmart. They were $3.79 here in G'boro NC. Most of my lanterns are newer (within 10 years) and are going to need some "slight modifications" to get them mounted properly, but the igniter functions flawlessly.

thanks again for the tip!

Bacon saver

Those were actually made by Coleman awhile back and think I might have one out in the shop I'll have to take a picture and post it. Those Coleman lanterns are real handy. I find mine at the flea markets or antique shops. $10-15 you can't beat it. A little elbow grease and you have a full functional lantern. The new ones are expensive. Same with the stoves and they aren't as heavy as they used to be (made in China) for all I know. Thanks for the link! Guess next we'll be starting the "Old Coleman Lantern" thread.......mines older than yours is, no mine is!

Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by slowz1k View Post
    These things are awesome! I picked up a few Coleman models last night at Walmart. They were $3.79 here in G'boro NC. Most of my lanterns are newer (within 10 years) and are going to need some "slight modifications" to get them mounted properly, but the igniter functions flawlessly.

thanks again for the tip!

Your very welcome slowz and BR13, Yeah those look like they are designed a little bit different but it sounds like the end results are the same.

Walking on Sunshine

That's great. I went to garage sale last Saturday and got two Coleman lanterns for about 15 bucks. One is from '63 and needs to be cleaned up and the other is practically brand new. Guy said his dad got it a year ago, new, and other than testing it out didn't get to use it as he passed away unexpectedly beginning of this year. I missed out on the new camp stove he had for $20, as I didn't want to mug the older gentleman holding it while his wife looked at other stuff.

I first came across these in 1972 when I had a borrowed lantern from a friend. I immediately got one for my own lantern. Now every one of my Coleman lanterns has these, propane or gas fueled.