Thread: Low to no cost preps one should start?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    For the Love of Cats

Mental preparedness: If you cannot afford the physical things you need, then learn everything you can. There is a wealth of information available through this site. learn it all, practice it until it is second nature.

Physical Fitness: You don't have to be a hulk, or Mr Olympia, but be able to carry yourself, and your gear. be able to help those that cannot.

Freebies: wherever yyou are, find out the days that the garbage is picked up. go cruise around the night before, or the morning before pickup. You'd be surprised at how much stuff you can get, and how much money you can earn by doing this.

Get a decent Job: It's no fun living hand to mouth, day after day, week after week. If at all possible, either get something better, or get something more (a part time). It's sad to say, but money makes the world go round, and the more you have, the easier it goes.

IMO

and welcome aboard!

Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Administrator

"Freebies: wherever you are, find out the days that the garbage is picked up. go cruise around the night before, or the morning before pickup. You'd be surprised at how much stuff you can get, and how much money you can earn by doing this. "

I can attest to that. Not prep related but tripped over a quasi-good Keurig while taking the trash out to the communal dumpster. I say quasi because it sounded like a A-10 making a run in the Afghani mountains but it still brewed coffee.Didn't have enough money at the time to buy one so it was a decent find until I had enough to buy a much quieter one.
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.