Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meds, do you have enough

Do you have a robot?

Meds, do you have enough

Yesterday I went and visited my doctor. During the visit I asked him to refill one of my prescriptions and then went off to have some tests. When I came back he mentioned that the pharmacist yelled at him for prescribing me some more meds. When I asked him why he said that they were in short supply and hard to get. WTF He said that the company that supplied generic forms of the drug had stopped producing it and that left the original supplier in the driver's seat. The cost of the medicine has gone up dramatically and the supply has dwindled. Okay now fast forward to a time when the SHTF then what? You need to plan in advance to make sure that you have proper stocks to protect yourself. It was a rude awakening for me.....

I'll most likely shit myself

I've been trying to short cycle our med scrips. We do a 3 month deal and if i time it right can take 2-3 weeks off that. I have stocked some but probably not more than 3 months. It sucks and most likely is only getting worse.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Yup....Trying to get ahead on any meds is a must.

A prepper friend of mine who just had a baby....is trying to figure out how to store booster shots.....with little success I may add.

OTC stuff....I just pick up a 1000ct of the bulk stuff from wally world every time I go......also the sudophed....you gotta sign for that crap.....but it works.

In our stores....I also have a few hundred of each of the generic allergy meds too....they may be a blessing later.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Watch one, Do one, Teach one
    At some point the Meds will run out or will be priced out of reach.I've posted this link before.Use it the same way you use a PDR for drugs.You can grow most of it yourself.
    Good point on the kids shots,Echo2,it would difficult,but at least they would of had their basic series.Never had "Booster"shots other than Tetnus as needed.Now being a military pin cushion is another story,flashback,I also did the sticking...
    http://www.scbaghdad.com/e-library/b...1563633612.pdf
    I use Herbs as an alternative to most modern meds.
    "When the world is at peace, a gentleman keeps his sword by his side"

Thanks ID, That is a great PDF. Do you have one printed?

It's 1108 pages, but I'm thinkin that would be invaluable in a major SHTF long term senario (EMP in particular). IT looks like it got all kinds of information that could be very valuable to have and know how to use.

Do you have any of the other PRD's mentioned in the copyright section? It looked there may have been 10-12 PDR's on other medical catatagory's.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Luckily no one in my house takes any meds. Very rarely even a asprin.

I think i would feel better if I didn't.

Where's the epi?

The reason many meds are no longer either being manufactured or in such short supply is due to the patents running out on the name brand drugs. When this happens the generic form is allowed to hit the market and the price drops to almost nothing. The pharm co's are starting to refuse to make the generics because there is not enough profit margin in them so these meds (to include even anesthesia's and cancer meds) are in very short supply.
    There are foreign countries that are picking them up though. Places like Mexico and Poland but I'm not so sure about their quality control...better get what you can now while things are still being made here in the states. This is not a tin foil hat thing, I actually watched a special about it on a news channel a month or so ago because people are starting to die due to having to postpone surgeries since there is not enough anesthesia and they went into the whole medicine shortage thing.
    I apologize for nothing...

A laugh a minute
    As long as there are plants, there is medicine. Learn how to use them. Just stock up on things you need to make it.like vodka and beeswax, or raise bees. Then stock up on things you can,t make.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

I'm no medical genius but I've started making my own mobile herb garden. I have a book that tells me plant poisons and medicine and so I stalk up on any I can get. So, in other words, I'm agreeing with Taz.