Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free WI-FI.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Free WI-FI.

Normally I wouldn't say but why not this time. I use the internet at work but I needed to do something this weekend that couldn't wait and I don't have it at home (the wife kept it in the seperation) anyway, I'm at P-_-_a Bread and this place its not bad at all. The people aren't hounding me and every booth has a power outlet, free refills on pop (I mean water) and some good food also.

I just thought I would throw it out there and see if anyone else utilizes a place like this in your area?
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Crotch Rocket

Right now its McDonalds for me. The only other nearby free point serves barley pop.

There's supposed to be a coffee shop coming in too. I'll like that better when it does.

Give him a home, where the buffalo roam, and they make "wood" for his cookin fires all day
    i like P-Bread. but none around me since i moved up here......

A laugh a minute
    Books a million is where I go. You have to sign up for their membership but it's cheap and you get a 10% discount on every purchase even in the coffee shop. But we don't buy anything in the coffee shop It's too high. We bring our drinks and food. Also any book store would have it and a lot of sandwich shops. Even gas stations with food shops in them have it.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

Resident Seafood Procurement Officer

Dairy Queen in Georgia and any public library for $1.00 per hour.
    Just because we are peaceful does not mean we have forgotten how to be violent.

I'll most likely shit myself

Barnes and Noble book store. Pilot food mart has it down here as well.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

I use McDonald's, chic fil-a, Starbucks, Denny's etc. since I'm in the field all day m-f I use it to send my insulation, radiant barrier, and solar vent estimates. I use an iPad for my estimates, so in order to not pay for outrageous broadband, I just told them to get me the wifi iPad and I just use the free ones out in the field. Using the wifi between appointments gives me a break, to use the bathroom, cool off, eat, and send estimates while actually at work instead of doing them all at night which last year created a serious quality of life issue at home. I pretty much missed a year of evenings with my wife and son because I was buried in paperwork, sketches, and calculations that I had to do manually.

I don't do banking on free wifi, but it's sure nice for work.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Where's the epi?

It seems to be pretty much everywhere anymore. I think places are using it to bring in customers now that the economy is so bad. Also many of the hotels have it and the password is just set to "guest" and so you can sit in a parking lot and use it if you happen to be someplace where nothing else is available. Not always the case but you can check them out in your free time.
    I apologize for nothing...

For the Love of Cats

A lot of coffee shops around here have it too, and most use "customer" for their password.

If there is certain places on your travels that have them, find out what their passwords are and write them down. Then you can have wifi from the parking lot, or the side of the road.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Walking on Sunshine

Just a note on the hotels. The one in Atlanta we stayed at had to have a code to log into the wi-fi and you had to use your room key to get into the business center to use that computer as well. The lady at the desk said it's because of others not staying in the hotel that were using "their" wi-fi out in the parking lots that they had to go to a password and code to use wi-fi at the hotel and locking the business center because non guests were coming in and using the hotels computer. She said that a lot of hotels are doing that now.