Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Our house

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Sorry to hear that Taz, is there no little things that can be cut out to make your house happen?
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

A laugh a minute
    We went from a 1100 sq ft. concrete 2-story house with radiant heat all the way down to a 1-story stick 600 sq ft house with no radiant heat. We even changed the location of the house to eliminate the extra concrete footers and work that had to be done, but still no go. So it is better to wait to get what we want than to live in something that is to small and not what we want. This state is killing us but there is nothing we can do because we spent most of our money to get this land. And that includes BIL and SIL too.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

Walking on Sunshine

Taz I'm so sorry but have upped the prayers for you!!

So very sorry Taz.

I would say that when God closes a door He opens a window, but really, sometimes it just feels like something to throw yourself out of. Hang in there, girl.
    "Treason to tyranny is fidelity to liberty."

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Owner builder (permit) is the key to save allot of money if your willing to do all the leg work for the build.
    My suggestion is to start out with an architect and draw up a house plan within your dreams and submit it to the county and go from there.

You will be the "General Contractor" for the build and all of your sub contractors (Foundation, Plumbers, Electrical, Framers, Roofers, Sheetrock and Finishers) will work off a set of detailed plains that was drawn up by the architect that was approved by the county.

Yes... It will be tons of leg work on your end but it WILL give you more house for the money.
    Last edited by Evolver; 05-11-2013 at 01:05 AM.
    You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.

A laugh a minute
    Quote Originally Posted by 4suchatimeasthis View Post
    So very sorry Taz.

I would say that when God closes a door He opens a window, but really, sometimes it just feels like something to throw yourself out of. Hang in there, girl.

4such at this point throwing myself out the window would only put me still at the apt in town and probably in dog sh$t (since people wont take their dog to the dog park to do their business.)

We went to the court house to find out what all the in's and out's are for being the general contractor and around here the contractors only need a Class C license. Which means we as the home owner would be the general contractor and sub out the work. We just need someone to build a shell and dry it in as we can do the rest our self. Since we want a concrete house with radiant heat we need someone who can do that. As I said before, we found someone to do the work but it is not in our budget at this time. The longer we have to stay at the apt. the more house money we spend. We can live in a shell of a house as we having been living in a 18 ft travel trailer for a little over 2 yrs. If we can just get it dried in we can build the rest in our own time as money permits us to do so. WE have solar (small but will do, a generator (Big) and the brain power, so that is not a problem. We just need to get out of the apt. and back on our land.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

Where's the epi?

Well Taz think of it this way, at least you guys still have your property..............we have to start all over again once the lawsuit is finished sometime within the next year and who knows how long it's going to take us to find another piece as big as we have now with all the goodies. It's been a crappy year, hasn't it????????????????????
    I apologize for nothing...