Well we finally got around to start building our house. It is going to be a 36 x 40 2-story 2 bedroom and 2 bath. That includes a wrap around porch. The back half of the bottom floor will be my bedroom and bath that will have a small porch over our little waterfall. So I can go to sleep listening to that. It makes it easier for a good night sleep. It will have a summer kitchen kinda facing west. That will be where we do all our canning and processing of food. It will also have a area for me to do all my herbs for medicine and such.Attached to that will be the battery house for the solar system. There will be a mud room to go through before you enter the main house. Wood burning stove for heat. Everything will be so it can run off of wood, propane,12v and 110v. Lots of storage everywhere, no wasted space, not even under the house.
Monday they started digging the holes for the poles to be put below the frost line and in cased in concrete. The are going in 3 ft. Well they hit rock and have only 1 hole 3ft so far. They have tried using a jackhammer, air chisels, power drill with concrete bits and much more trying to get it to 3ft. One good thing about this is that all the poles will be sitting on rock and in cased in concrete. So maybe the house will not move, shift or budge in bad weather. Pics are coming soon.