Page 154 of 389 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by robsdak View Post
    NADA!!! been in bed for 3-4 days.
    I tagged you too. Had to join Evolver. You need a twinkee and a hug!!! Get well soon bud.
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

Crotch Rocket

What have you done to prep this week?

Yay! Look what came in today!
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Quote Originally Posted by robsdak View Post
    wow, really??? don't make the M&G, sick and no preps this week and i get my first 'dislike' ? wonder what else could go south. boy, Evo, your tough.

yeah, i am feeling better. several days in bed, has worked for the most part. i read and slept most of the time. nothing else to do. Doctor says 'sex could kill me' i say 'any better way to go?' i guess i am just not ready to go yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evolver View Post
    LOL I disliked because you've had to be in bed for days! And any who... who could dislike you!
    I just followed suite so Evo and Willie wouldn't feel alone! I hope you get to feeling better soon. As for sex killing you, well that's a fact of life the older you get, but I've always wanted to die in the saddle,lol.

My preps for this week consisted of home hunting and starting the packing process for my move. 23 days til I start work!
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    I just followed suite so Evo and Willie wouldn't feel alone! I hope you get to feeling better soon. As for sex killing you, well that's a fact of life the older you get, but I've always wanted to die in the saddle,lol.

My preps for this week consisted of home hunting and starting the packing process for my move. 23 days til I start work!
    Good luck to you man! What Justa and I are doing is we're looking for a place to rent for a year then when we're there we'll hunt for THE place.
    Last edited by Evolver; 01-04-2013 at 10:25 PM.
    You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.

I'll most likely shit myself

Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    Yay! Look what came in today!
    Score!

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Wink

[QUOTE=Evolver;54514]Good luck to you man! Let's get the Hell outa Dodge!

- - - Updated - - -

What happened? Oh well, you know what I mean Evo and Justa!
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Walking on Sunshine

Didn't do too much this week Got me a booklet on "How to build an underground root cellar".
    Now I just have to figure out where to put it LOL Did find out I'm not the only "nut" in the family, Brother and SIL in Nevada have been prepping for about a year or so. Invited her to check the ants out. I hope they do join, they are great people. I respect him (and her) a lot.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

With the assistance of Brownwater Riverrat, I was able to put 2 deer into the freezer this week. That should give me a pretty good start on the meat budget this year.

As a secondary to that, I was able to learn a few new things.

Thanks Again, Brother!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

^^^ That BWRR is a good guy. His wife is nice too, just good kinda folks.

Well, today we are celebrating my husband having a Saturday off (9mo out of the year he works 6 days a week) by him going and getting some lumber. Free lumber, which is the very best kind. A guy he works with finished up a building project, and I guess his wife lost her patience on the cleanup. She told him yesterday that the stuff had to be gone TODAY! So, hubby and the boy were there before 8am with the truck and trailer, to get 25+ untreated 2x4's, 8 treated 6x6 posts, a couple treated 4x4 posts, some 2x6's, all 12ft long, and a bunch of other odds and ends pieces, short of 12ft, still very useable. He also said there were a few "sheets", I'm assuming OSB not plywood, but whatever, free is free, and we can use it for something. I feel like we hit the lottery!!! Free lumber? Hells yes!

Also this week we got the horses pole barn started. Hubby dug all the post holes, bless his heart, and his blistered hands. We have the right side mostly framed up, and if the weather cooperates, we should have the sheet metal up this week, they picked up that this morning too, we have a pile of it at his parents house, we never got it moved out here. No rest for the wicked.

So, all in all, not bad, not bad at all!

I'll most likely shit myself

This is sort of a cross between this week and Christmas, but here goes.

The wife surprised me today with a anvil. Total shock for me. Can;t wait to get it cleaned up and see where it came from, then put it to use. She also got me most of the bits and pieces I need to finish my AR build. My nephew got me a new Petzel 70 lumen headlamp, nice locking carabiner, and a Coleman dual fuel lantern and carry case.

I also found some lithium grease tubes on sale at tractor supply for $1.29 each, got 20 of those. We are off tomorrow to Krogers for some of their 10 for $10 canned goods sale and a bunch of burger to package and freeze.