Page 163 of 389 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    I'm hoping to find a job pretty quick, my severance would be a nice addition to my down payment on a house, so hoping to find something and bank the severance.

I wish you luck!

I'll most likely shit myself

Ordered the bulk of my seeds for the garden this season. Plan on finishing my orders this weekend. Then get started on planning planting dates for various stuff.

Tomorrow will be spent doing PM's on my tractors and equipment getting them ready for the upcoming season. Also plan on dropping a few more dead trees.

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

Finally bought a Condor QPC. Looking for a set of BALCs/CIRAS panels now.
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

For the Love of Cats

spent some time on my sled (snowmobile) on the weekend. May not seem like prepping, but it sure comes in handy for hauling wood, breaking trails, hauling animals, and just plain getting around in the 3-4 feet of snow that we currently have.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Finished my PM's on my small tractor and mower. Made out a list of additional spares I want to stock for it.

Tore apart our GHB's and started reworking them. Found I needed to add some extra food. Also cut out a few things to reduce weight and add some space for some warmer clothing.

We finally got the back pasture bush hogged today. Took the easy route and paid a neighbor . It's amazing what a difference that makes! I am tall, and in many places the grass and brush were over my head. Now it looks so empty.....and ready to have the fence finished, so we can put the horses back there, and hopefully by the end of the year *fingers crossed* a bred cow, maybe a young steer or two. Fencing will be next, no doubt, after we get the darn poll shed finished.

AK, sorry to hear about your job. Don't rule out TN in your job hunt! Here in the Nashville/Clarksville area, we have a pretty good economy, and jobs all over. My husbands employer is hiring every single day, they employ over 3,000 workers. He has been promoted 4x in just over 1.5 yrs, simply by showing up on time and not not being overly stupid. There are a lot of companies moving to TN (or recently moved here) for all kinds of reasons. So, something to consider I hope something works out for you, and soon!
    "Treason to tyranny is fidelity to liberty."

Crotch Rocket

I got a pair of gloves today, and I thought of a song, as well as a new line for it

"We are tactical - we have gloves with hard knuckles"

They're brown, btw.
    Last edited by mitunnelrat; 02-16-2013 at 06:08 AM.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    This week has all been gardening related. Repurchased tomato, pepper, cabbage plants to replace the damaged stuff. Hope to replant this weekend.
    Hoe'd and dusted what's left of the taters and harvested some onion's.
    Picked up 2 cases of 1/2 gallon mason jars. A 15 gallon metal washtub, and a 12 gallon metal bucket with lid for chicken feed.
    Gonna build a bigger box to keep the chicks in until they go into the chicken tractor.
    1/2 gallon Jars??? You got my attention!!! Why 1/2 Gallon?
    You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.

Back then because I had never seen them before and thought it would be a great idea. We have never "canned" in them, but they are great for storing stuff in. Dried beans, flour, sugar, whatever you can think of. Makes a great sugar jar.
    We don't have anything large enough to can in them, but they would be excellent for spaghetti sauce for a large group, really most anything in large quantities.

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

I was looking back at the oldies but goodies and that one caught my eye. Noodles of any shape and size, an opened bucket of stored grains that your working out of would also be good to use these for.
    You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.