Page 203 of 389 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Hello everyone,
    We have just begun to learn fishing for salmon with plans of canning. My wife has read a little on the subject but does anyone have any helpful do's and dont's? Heading out this afternoon for our 2nd attempt. Yesterday I chose the wrong spot but scoured around afterwards and found a flourishing spot where I am confident we will hit the limit for takehome payday
    The future belongs to those who prepare for it.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

The only time one should “fight fair” is when one is engaged in play.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Can in olive oil, i.e use it instead of water to cover the fish chunks-this will help retain the Omega 3s. At least it does in tuna, and the meat doesn't turn into mush.
    Also Consult Mother Earth at Mrs Survival (A close personal friend)
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

The pears and apples are starting to ripen, so I spent a good part of the day picking (and dodging bees), washing, peeling, dicing and freezing them. I won't get around to actually canning anything till after my finals are over, next week. Good timing, eh? Well played, Mother Nature, well played....
    "Treason to tyranny is fidelity to liberty."

Crotch Rocket

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    Been missing ya MTR...thought ya forgot about us. Still waiting for you to come on down buddy! Hurry up and get edumacated already
    The garden and a new schedule at work have been taking up a lot of time, and I haven't had a wifi connection at work for months. I'm trying to get back on here more often at night though. and yeah. I'm ready to get down there again. I wish I could est. a time for a visit, but if I take any time off right now I could screw myself royally. Detroit's consulting company is looking at eliminating my job site, and they're evaluating how much overtime we generate... Boo!

On a much brighter note, I got my back pay today! I'm quite a bit closer to my goals now
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Passed my HAM radio exam.

woot woot!!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...

P

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    Passed my HAM radio exam.

woot woot!!
    I am proud to announce I was 33% of the group that took the test, (along with izzyscout & Brownwater Riverrat), and am even prouder to say I was 33% of the group of 3 that didn't pass. Congratulations guys, you studied hard and earned.

Quote Originally Posted by Domeguy View Post
    I am proud to announce I was 33% of the group that took the test, (along with izzyscout & Brownwater Riverrat), and am even prouder to say I was 33% of the group of 3 that didn't pass. Congratulations guys, you studied hard and earned.
    Dome, you're all right. I think we'll keep you.

at least you tried. That says a lot. You'll get it next time!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Where's the epi?

I put the 2nd batch of apple pie shots into jars (more than 2 cases worth), canned a couple jars of Serrano peppers, and made apple sauce.
    I apologize for nothing...

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    With the help of izzy and BWRR, I purchased a pair of Yaesu radios at a very good price. Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    I put the 2nd batch of apple pie shots into jars (more than 2 cases worth), canned a couple jars of Serrano peppers, and made apple sauce.

That stuff is wicked good! Thanks for the sample.