Page 277 of 389 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287327377 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

For the Love of Cats

brought in 3 of my blue barrels to help organize my pantry. One for flours, one for Pasta, and one for rice... so far.

brought in my greenhouse to get my plants started, as well as some potting soil and small pots.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Crotch Rocket

I bought a cookbook
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

We got 80 broiler chickens 3 will got to FFA fair, the rest will get slaughtered. We have over 60 baby rabbits right now, 3 are going to fair the rest are getting slaughtered, plus 3 more that should be pregnant. We planted 6 trays that hold 72 seeds each with all kinds of things. Going to plant them as soon as the frosts are over. We planted a bunch of comfrey (look it up if you want to feed your livestock). We are about to order a bunch of willow, you can plant it in 5 year rows for firewood, and you can make lots of things out of it, from living fences to furniture. We also plan to plant some large bamboo to make things out of. Just need to buy the barrier so that it does not spread.

We also built a large rabbit colony that we will start keeping all our rabbits in when it is not county fair time.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    I got 2.5K pieces of 40S&W brass, going to get more powder next weekend.. Bullets are easy to get on line with no HAZMAT fees, only short on primers...

Ordered a 12v vibrator motor assembly that goes in a massaging pillow or something, will strap it to my Lee Perfect Powder to see if it produces more consistant powder throws.

I have 500rnds of 40S&W reman on the way, should be here next week. Lil'Bravo's M&P is on lay a way.

Got my 2100H programmed, ordered wiring and fuse holders, etc.. to wire it in the jeep directly to battery.

Once my health is back to 100% from where I was near death's door (or so it felt!) with this flu like virus, I need to get back into exercising.

That is all for now...
    EB
    Last edited by ElevenBravo; 03-09-2015 at 11:13 PM.
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    We got 80 broiler chickens 3 will got to FFA fair, the rest will get slaughtered. We have over 60 baby rabbits right now, 3 are going to fair the rest are getting slaughtered, plus 3 more that should be pregnant. We planted 6 trays that hold 72 seeds each with all kinds of things. Going to plant them as soon as the frosts are over. We planted a bunch of comfrey (look it up if you want to feed your livestock). We are about to order a bunch of willow, you can plant it in 5 year rows for firewood, and you can make lots of things out of it, from living fences to furniture. We also plan to plant some large bamboo to make things out of. Just need to buy the barrier so that it does not spread.

We also built a large rabbit colony that we will start keeping all our rabbits in when it is not county fair time.
    Careful with willows... they grow quick, propagate quicker, and infest even quicker. their roots WILL find water, even if it pushing up through your ponds. or foundation...

Awesome about the bunnies! nom nom nom.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    Careful with willows... they grow quick, propagate quicker, and infest even quicker. their roots WILL find water, even if it pushing up through your ponds. or foundation...

Awesome about the bunnies! nom nom nom.
    We have a 2 acre field about 200 yards from the house that we will plant them in. That way we can control them with the tractor if needed. They wont be any where near the house.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

finally pooped
    Completed an sks mod, working on a few other things in the gun department at the moment now. Also have kydex making material coming soon for holsters and sheaths. Ordered an airbrush because my last one shit the bed and literally exploded when I coated my most recent piece.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Sat back and took stock of the pantry, looking at what needs to be plus'ed up, what needs to be rotated, going to make some switches with the bug out bags, going to plus up the kids bags and stand down the wifes bag while shes at boot camp. Hoping that I will be able to sneak in a few changes that the wife wasnt really happy with while shes gone, I figure why not.. since she cant really offer her opinion about it.. might as well make it happen! Better to ask forgiveness than permission right?
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    As soon as I can get out gun sit resolved, I hope to focus on the second pantry! SF has the right idea, but Ive kept shifting priorities and it ends up setting me back.

Since Ive settled on the M&P, I cant foresee "changing camps" again. (Damn, this is expensive AND tiresome!)

I really want to focus on setting back ammo, food and water! We have solidified on the AK so I cant see changing rifle camps. All I can see right now is more mags... and ammo.

Comms is getting ironed out, I got EVERYTHING I need to install my 2100H in the Jeep today.

I am now committed to a shooting school in WV, Ill post the link when I get more time... Need to get more PHYSICALLY FIT so I dont look like a fat lard ass out of shape REMF when I/we (taking Lil'Bravo too!) go!

End-
    EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

I bought another 10/22 from Walmart. Cost me about $15 and some change. Yup.
    My NFCU Visa I got $150 in gift cards (cashback on purchases)
    My Walmart App has a "savings catcher" feature where you scan your receipt and it compares local prices and gives you the diff if their price is higher. For a while they were offering 2X your money if you converted it to a AMEX Bluebird card. No prob. Ended up with $109.
    Between the Bluebird card and the gift cards, I basically just paid the sales tax. WIN!
    Walmart employee was must empressed. Said she had never seen that done before.
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.