Page 362 of 389 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364372 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    I mainly got it to power our freezers during a power outage. Secondarily, it will be used occasionally with the camper, and more to power tools in off grid situations.

The 2000 sips fuel and will work for 90% of my needs. About the only thing it won't do is to power the AC in our camper. Plus the 3000 was $1000 more.
    That makes good sense!
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

I'll most likely shit myself

The 3000 would have been my next choice. But for the money, I feel real good about what I now have. At some point in the future I may get the EU2000 Companion to mate with it should I have the need for more power.

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    The 3000 would have been my next choice. But for the money, I feel real good about what I now have. At some point in the future I may get the EU2000 Companion to mate with it should I have the need for more power.
    I kind of wish I had gone this way with mine. I bought a Generac 6000 ( I think) about 15 years ago. I even put a Propane/Nat gas adapter and wheels on it. I put oil in it when I got it and to this day I have only fired it up once. Its heavy as hell and deafeningly loud. BUT I paid about $500 for it way back when. maybe I should sell it and get the Honda or a Yamaha.
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

I looked at Generac and Troybilt Gensets for years and just never got a good feeling for them. Our EmComm group bout a EU2000 with our first donation to the 501(c)3 and I was so impressed, I decided I needed one. I even looked at a Generac 2k a few months back and jut never had a good feeling about them. But after much thought about my needs, the Honda will cover a good deal of them.
    I have found a tri fuel adapter that will allow me to use gas, propane, and nat gas. Between 3-400 bucks, but would be much easier to store fuel for. May go that route depending on what I can find for fuel usage with propane.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Since I'm spending a lot of time in AL these days, and especially since the new girlfriend is also down with the idea of prepping, I'm taking several back packs and a camel back down with me tomorrow. I am going to get with her to set up a BOB for the both of us for AL, and teach her what and why I'm putting in the specific items into them. As a newly introduced prepper, she is wanting to learn a lot. I have been teaching her to shoot, and within a month or two, hopefully I will take her to pick out her own personal carry weapon. And all this spring and summer, I will be teaching her how to start a fire, how to cook outdoors, some basic first aid, etc. But most importantly, later this month, I will be introducing her to BWRR and LadyHK for their approval. If it's a no from them...well... then she has got to go! I'm sure going to miss her....but maybe there might just be a small chance.
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

Ok... here's a summary. It's not in the past week but it's why I have been quiet for he past couple of months...

In November I rented some land about an hours north from where I live. It was the last bit of good weather so I was in a rush to build a nice little A-frame shack on it 10' wide x 12' deep and 11' high. I have spent every day off since out there getting it ready. This past week I finally got the wood stove installed so I'm not freezing my yeitchies off next to a propane heater buddy.

Around he house I have just been dehydrating, vacuum sealing and canning. I have been experimenting with metal casting and different solar configurations for my shed. Throw in some wood working and leather crafting and I have just been having fun and practicing my bushcraft skills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to hear from you Caveman .

Walking on Sunshine

Haven't done much last month as we did 2 trips to GA to see grand kids and help Son1 and DIL pack up the house. They were in line to purchase but deal fell thru. Don't know if anyone will recall years ago a company made siding that was horrendous and went bankrupt paying off lawsuits, yeah the house was covered in the stuff. Son got quotes $50k+ to do mold remediation and new siding and windows. TOO much over the cost of the house, they just couldn't swing it. It's a shame as it was a 5 bed two story house. So they decided to keep renting and add to the deposit fund. Week after we got home he called, their realtor found a 5 bed home , new build to rent for not much more rent then they are paying now.It has a community pool(huge) tennis , basketball courts and a community hall for rent. SO of course they jumped on it AND now grandma doesn't have to sleep in the basement anymore or travel 2 flights of stairs to go to the ladies. As DIL is at 7 months and can't do much, we went back down and helped them pack the house. It was a blast. they found stuff they thought DIL had donated, unfortunately Son1 got my Dad's packrat gene so there was a ton of stuff to sort thru. Day before we left they got the keys and took us over. Gorgeous house, very well laid out and the Grandparent room is on the main floor with a full bath attached. Then we came home and took down Christmas. Yeah It kinda got left till we could do finish it. At least the tree went out day after we came home the first time and DH got the outside put away. This last week I cleaned out ALL of my business clothes. DH and I took 5 bags full to Goodwill as NONE of the women's shelters that keep asking for business clothes called me back, BUT I still have more clothes to go thru as I "outgrew" things but hung on to them HOPING I would "shrink" LOL. Guess I'll be fat and sassy from now, tee hee.
    DH cracked "Yippee I get my half of the closet back". Got one bedroom cleared out and rearranged to hold the Pack N Play for after March when kids come home with the newest grand daughter. Can't wait for that.
    Hope all is well with you all and have a Great Valentines Day

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman Survival View Post
    Ok... here's a summary. It's not in the past week but it's why I have been quiet for he past couple of months...

In November I rented some land about an hours north from where I live. It was the last bit of good weather so I was in a rush to build a nice little A-frame shack on it 10' wide x 12' deep and 11' high. I have spent every day off since out there getting it ready. This past week I finally got the wood stove installed so I'm not freezing my yeitchies off next to a propane heater buddy.

Around he house I have just been dehydrating, vacuum sealing and canning. I have been experimenting with metal casting and different solar configurations for my shed. Throw in some wood working and leather crafting and I have just been having fun and practicing my bushcraft skills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awesome CS! did you snag that place you were talking about in the interlake? congrats!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    So, as many of you know, Ive been working on building a Winter Warfare course for the US Army. We have completed it, and ran our proof of concept course, and we are now pushing it forward with multiple classes scheduled with multiple units and branches! I even threw in my own little spice to the course! Heres the newspaper articles (WITH PICTURES!) on it!

http://www.mccoy.army.mil/vnewspaper...rent/CWOC.html

A backstory on how it came to be...

http://www.mccoy.army.mil/ReadingRoo...0/history.html
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.