Page 367 of 389 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367368369377 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,670 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    Finished sorting my final bucket of brass, another 250 lbs to the recycler. If nothing else I got about 10,000 45s out of it.

Planted our garden, or at least some of it. In the past we would wait for good weather and plant seeds. Well this year we are actually doing it correctly. We planted tomatoes, beans, squash, carrots and melons last month in pots, it worked!!!!! This way we are not at the mercy of nursery or big box stores. We purchased all our seeds from a local seed bank which had a huge variety of seeds. I think we have about seven different types of tomatoes alone. With all the new soil in we should get some great vegetables.

We also top dressed our asparagus with fresh soil, I can't wait till next year when we begin to harvest it. In looking at this as well as our potatoes these are the things which will keep producing even if we do not plant a garden. I call it our reserve pantry.

Tried out my new Eagles Nest hammock camping last week. It worked great however I think I am get the extra wide just for more comfort. Also since it can get quite cool even during the summers I think I will pick up an under quilt too. The nice thing about this system is it is more compact than my sleeping bag and tent.

if you can get some well heeled manure that asparagus can use a few feeding every season - it's quite the chow hound feeder

Just 2 or 3 mice or squirrels will do the job....don't ask

Quote Originally Posted by Daca102090 View Post
    There is a place I found online that sells cans of nitrogen packed green coffee beans.
    Also have directions on how to roast the beans for traditional coffee.
    Stored green is supposed to last much longer than already roasted beans.
    This is the site for the canned green coffee beans
    https://www.campingsurvival.com/futu...ffeebeans.html

I'll most likely shit myself

Worked out about half of my garden, while trying not to mar up in the mud. Tomatos, peppers, onions, and taters are all making well. We have lots of small apples, pears, and our first nectarines. Blueberries, blackberries, mulberries, and grapes all are looking good. Blueberries will not be nearly as prolific as last year.

On the down side, we had a bad storm Saturday night. It blew down/broke 4 trees. Driving around the area for the last couple days, there are trees down everywhere. Many roads were closed, at peak over 75,000 homes had lost power. Last I heard they had that number down to less than 5000, mostly 1 here, 2 there. I don't think there were any serious injuries, but there was a lot of damage to peoples homes/property. And a ton of clean up left to do.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Had a Tornado run thru the area last week, somehow ran thru a mobile home park (go figure) and destroyed all of it except one home. So spent the rest of last week and some of this week helping out there as a volunteer on clean up. Got home Friday and helped set up for the pool party I had planned on from last week before the storm craziness. Today, spend time out at the cemetery talking with some old friends and then taking my family to the local Memorial Day parade and dedication afterwards. The wife (Dragonfly) was asked to carry the Navy flag during the ceremony, which to her was awesome! Needless to say, I was proud of her. We was the only military there that was in uniform besides the base chaplain, and the garrison commander. Seems to me there was more in uniform last year.
    Next week I plan on looking into setting up the fencing for the back yard, and futzing around a bit here and there, will see where the wind blows me. I had plans back on the 19th to go out to Vivos Xpoint open house in South Dakota, but got waylaid due to the storms. Its an interesting setup the guy has, and hes extended an offer to me thats somewhat hard to resist, so was supposed to check it out, we will see where that goes if I follow thru.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Walking on Sunshine

Well Shed is built and siding is up, now for the paint and lock for the door. Laundry room should be completed by next Tuesday, then new washer & dryer gets installed and old ones recycled. Next step reorganize the lower "pantry"(More supplies , YEAH) . DIL and Grands will be here the 15th for a few days ,then to other grandparents for a few . The kids go to the mother for her vacation the 23rd till July 9th. DIL and I head south the 24th so I can take care of her and new grand baby after DIL's back surgery. Will be back week after 4th of July so I maybe dark end of June to after the Fourth, unless I can use Son's laptop. Have a good Fourth my friends and stay safe.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    Well Shed is built and siding is up, now for the paint and lock for the door. Laundry room should be completed by next Tuesday, then new washer & dryer gets installed and old ones recycled. Next step reorganize the lower "pantry"(More supplies , YEAH) . DIL and Grands will be here the 15th for a few days ,then to other grandparents for a few . The kids go to the mother for her vacation the 23rd till July 9th. DIL and I head south the 24th so I can take care of her and new grand baby after DIL's back surgery. Will be back week after 4th of July so I maybe dark end of June to after the Fourth, unless I can use Son's laptop. Have a good Fourth my friends and stay safe.
    Thanks for the update, be safe as always.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Do you have a robot?
    My daughter and son came home over the weekend. It's the first we have been able to see them since Christmas. Since my daughter turned 21 two weeks ago she is no longer the DD. Her birthday present was a starter kit, S&W M&P full size and a shield, a Remington 700 in 243 and 870. We went shooting, wine tasting and ate some great food. It was nice to have them home. Although it is kinda depressing when they leave.

Dug up some of the old water lines to the garden and I am rerouting them for efficiency. I have six yards of planters mix and 10 yards of shredded bark coming today. Turned over the compost piles, they are looking real good.

This is vehicle week. Got to smog a couple of vehicles, service the tractor and rebuild the mower deck on the lawn mower.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

may be in trouble

Ordered new connector box for the radios and other 12V stuff (RigRunner 4005H)

( http://www.westmountainradio.com/pro..._id=rr_4005h_c )

I'll most likely shit myself

WEST MTN RADIO IS A GREAT company. Rig runners are really good equipment.

Walking on Sunshine

Got back last week from Aunts funeral and was contacted by 2nd brother . He's looking to raise funds so he offered up great grandfathers coin collection (1890s-1950s) before he sold to an outside collector. Me and another brother wanted so it per Pop's instruction , trustee put our names in a hat and 2nd bro was the lucky one. DH wasn't too happy with the extra outlay this month but agreed that collection should stay in the family. Just hoping before something happens I can get it here. No sending thru mail as when trustee sent it to him per U S Post instruction about $500.00 worth of coins came up missing. Brother took pictures of the boxes and yeah someone cut them open and tried to say they were"damaged" in the mail.. SO DH and I have to go out west to get them.Most are 90-95% silver and a lot of copper. After 6-8 months of wrangling Brother only got about $300. in insurance money . That only covered the Morgan Peace dollar that was valued 7 years ago at $300.