Page 369 of 389 FirstFirst ... 269319359367368369370371379 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,690 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    Went to an estate sale and snagged me not one but TWO US Army wool blankets. They have the medical symbol in the middle of the blanket and U S on either side of it. They may or may not be from the Korean war, at least from what the person running the sale told me that the gentleman who passed had been in the Korean war. Had a lot of bits and pieces from that era but nothing I could use, a lot of chochkies. Got to have them dry cleaned but they are all virgin wool in excellent condition, no holes.

good chance those blankets were 5-6 years older - the Korean War was all WW2 retreads ....

Walking on Sunshine

Cool My FIL and uncles time then. Wasn't able to snag the ammo cases or the footlocker as I was 15th in the door. Couple of guys that deal in military items grabbed them Glad I was able to get the blankets before them then.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Canning, Garden Growing and Aquaponic creating
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

Walking on Sunshine

DH planted a few tomato plants end of May per instructions but for some reason they never took off until last month. I may get some tomatoes by October to dehydrate LOL

Walking on Sunshine

Got a pressure canner Friday. DH saw it in local store for under 90$ Now just got to get the hot plate burner to cook on. Don't think I want to chance using the glass top stove. Would rather pay the $180 for the cast iron one I saw on Amazon than spend $400-$500 on a new stove.
    Oh yeah flooring is done but when I went to do laundry Tuesday the pipe connecting the new laundry room sprang a leak. SO we've had the fans going since Tuesday to dry up after DH pushed the water to the clear out valve for sewer in that room Only problem is all my old costumes and Klingon outfits were in the room, hope I can salvage them and still get them out on CL.Wish me luck LOL

Ordered solar chargers for our cell phones. They will be kept in the vehicles. If needed when we are home, they are easy enough to grab, but if we are out on the road and they are home whtn shtf, not so easy to grab!

Preparing to dehydrate lots of Fuji apples tomorrow!

I'll most likely shit myself

What kind of chargers did you get. I am seriously looking for some and haven't found anything I am sold onyet. I do want them for radio battery charging as well as my pnones.

may be in trouble

A lot of chargers these days are using USB or micro-USB connection. Solar ones, I would guess, are using some proprietary connection that requires a further adapter (which they just happen to sell for $$$$)

I"ll be very glad for the K-tor pedalpower generator that is supposed to be coming out that is SPECIFICALLY designed for charging deepcells. My rig will work on the brute of a testing battery I have, true enough. But that's going through a charger from the generator, one more step for losses to creep in on, one more failure point.

I'll most likely shit myself

Not all this week, more like the past month. I dug 3 rows of onions, harvested a total of 4 bushels. Traded 1/2 bushel for 1.5 bushels of taters. Bought 2 bushels of Jonagold apples, so far have put up 30+ jars of apple butter and 8 jars of pie filling and still have half a bushel or so to go. We always used winsaps or honey crisp for apple butter before, but I think it'll be Jonagold's from now on. Much better taste IMO. I am gonna try and find some trees to plant to replace some others I planted that have died off.
    Also still harvesting cayenne and bell peppers. Those should continue up till frost. Harvested 24 butternut squash and a few watermelons. Still hoping to get a few cantaloupes.

Earthquake country here and we are overdue for a BIG ONE in the catagory of 7.5 and up. Recent small quakes have happened in the general radius of 100 miles and there have been a few good sized ones here on the eastern side of the ring of fire, so I have stepped up a bit. As some of you may know from my previous posts, at the present time I do not see FEMA moving into California very quickly or with a very large force. We have to be ready, isn't that why we are on this forum? To that end I have:

Added 6 gallons of water storage, 20 lbs of rice and a few canned goods.