Page 370 of 389 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372380 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,700 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

may be in trouble

I'd add a zero to the water, 5X the rice, throw in a 25# sack of pintos, and add a flat or two of mixed vegetables, maybe a 24 pack of tuna (water not oil), a Sawyer filter, and a big bottle of multivitamins.

Kesephist, remember that I said I ADDED that amount to our stores, not that it was our basic prepes.

may be in trouble

I understand, and stand by my recommendation.

I've been worried to bits about folks that are in areas with compromised water supplies...I may have stated it before, but the twin evils of post-hurricane life are typhoid and looters. I'm not sure how long typhoid inoculations last, but I'm hoping that the medical communities around Houston and Florida were well stocked up. Earthquakes will screw with water treatment plants too, so I would additionally recommend getting up to date on typhoid shots, and finding a doctor imaginative enough to prescribe some storable azithromycin.

Walking on Sunshine

Let's see After much discussion and advice, I picked up a Camp Chef 2 burner propane stove to use with my canner. reviews on it were pretty good. Got it at Dick's with the carry case for it. They had a $20 off coupon so the total we've spent for the canner, etc. was under $200. DH very happy and I can't wait to start learning the intricacies of pressure canning.(I'm being facetious LOL) Seriously DIL and I will be learning to can together. They are supposed to come by and get some apples off the trees soon, her two (6 and 4) have been "waiting and waiting and WAITING" for Grandpa's apples to get ready for them to pick LOL
    We are off to attend Son1's kids "Grandparents Day " down by BR and ladyhk. So we'll be meeting up with them and we're going to FL to see family down there so I may not be on site too much over the next 2 weeks. House/cat sitter is ready to go so I can't wait to get on the road.

may be in trouble

Won a Yaesu FT-817ND on the 'bay.

found something over the weekend at a garage sale that I've been looking for a few years now - big 3 burner Coleman white gas stove - like new in the box - extra gas tank - and it was at the right price for once - $5 ....

our family had one as a kid - burners are spaced far enough apart that you can actually work three skillets/pots or use a flat griddle across two and use the third for that extra pot ... not an eazy item to haul around but great for a temp kitchen ....

may be in trouble

I'd suggest getting the propane adapter kit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kesephist View Post
    I'd suggest getting the propane adapter kit as well.

got all kinds of propane gear - that 3 burner I would probably run direct off a tank .... the 2 burners can run split off a propane pipe tree along with a propane gas lantern for kitchen lighting ....

Walking on Sunshine

Awesome find Illini.

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    found something over the weekend at a garage sale that I've been looking for a few years now - big 3 burner Coleman white gas stove - like new in the box - extra gas tank - and it was at the right price for once - $5 ....

our family had one as a kid - burners are spaced far enough apart that you can actually work three skillets/pots or use a flat griddle across two and use the third for that extra pot ... not an eazy item to haul around but great for a temp kitchen ....
    Years back we camped with a family that had a 3 burner gas stove. They are very cool. As Kesephist suggested I would get that propane adapter.