Page 374 of 389 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376384 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    OT, Don't run the microwave more than 10-15 seconds. A little honey mixed in it would be very nice.

The more I think about it ..Honey...seems like a natural to go with many things...even medicines.

Thanks,
    Orangetom

I'll most likely shit myself

It's good mixed with some lemon and a glass of tea. Very soothing for a sore throat.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    It's good mixed with some lemon and a glass of tea. Very soothing for a sore throat.
    Hmmmmmm......Wow!!

I've not considered that as well. I like some lemon concentrate juice in a glass of ice...and then add some water....I like it in that manner. I'd not considered adding Honey ...and yet I have honey aplenty around here.

Thanks for making me aware of that concept Backpacker.

Orangetom

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    I stopped at a Good Will store in Scottsboro on my way down to AL. I found a triple dome tent, a large 14x14 main dome, with 2 smaller 10x10 domes joined on either side of the large one that could be put all together, or seperately to make 3 tents. It didn’t have a price, so I took it up front and asked how much. I was expecting to hear $60-80. When she said “would you pay $10?” I said yes I would! I looks like it’s only been used maybe once.
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Domeguy View Post
    I stopped at a Good Will store in Scottsboro on my way down to AL. I found a triple dome tent, a large 14x14 main dome, with 2 smaller 10x10 domes joined on either side of the large one that could be put all together, or seperately to make 3 tents. It didn’t have a price, so I took it up front and asked how much. I was expecting to hear $60-80. When she said “would you pay $10?” I said yes I would! I looks like it’s only been used maybe once.

I find asking them if they'd accept "X" amount of $$$$ to be best at the donation type sales >>>>> and make it reasonable to low ....

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Domeguy View Post
    He shoots, he SCORES! DOME with the hat trick!

To give you a scale on how well you did, WM 12 person 20'x10' footprint roughly as you describe, but with a 10'x10' core and two 5'x10' non-detachable wings, goes for $199 new.
    You got just about twice the footprint, and extra versatility for about 5% of the cost. Even at the expected $70, you were STILL way ahead.

WELL DONE, SIR!

may be in trouble

OH, and as to prep... got half a dozen of Coleman's answer to the P-51/FRED can opener.Looks much like the Aussie FRED.

Administrator

Usually, when you have the customer name their price, it is way more than what the salesman would have said. I picked up on that in my years of retail sales.
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.

Picked up some reloading supplies this weekend when On my way to a Island cottage on the next peninsula over for the weekend.

I verily like this store as it usually has what I want and the staff is very down to earth and friendly in that manner.

Picked up

One box of .410 caliber Hornady XTP bullets in 210 grain for my .41 Magnum....100 count

One box of 100 count .308... 150 grain spire points Hornady,

And one box of .375 caliber bullets Hornday XTP ...in 158 grain for loading into .38 Specials or .357 Magnum cases...100 count,

Will be returning to pick up another box of .357 diameter bullets in 158 grain Hornday XTP...100 count

Also another box of 150 grain .308 Spire points Hornday...100 count

Looking also to get a box of 230 grain plated round nose bullets in .452 diameter for reloading .45ACP....500 count.

Thanks,
    Orangetom

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by orangetom1999 View Post
    Picked up some reloading supplies this weekend when On my way to a Island cottage on the next peninsula over for the weekend.

I verily like this store as it usually has what I want and the staff is very down to earth and friendly in that manner.

Picked up

One box of .410 caliber Hornady XTP bullets in 210 grain for my .41 Magnum....100 count

One box of 100 count .308... 150 grain spire points Hornady,

And one box of .375 caliber bullets Hornday XTP ...in 158 grain for loading into .38 Specials or .357 Magnum cases...100 count,

Will be returning to pick up another box of .357 diameter bullets in 158 grain Hornday XTP...100 count

Also another box of 150 grain .308 Spire points Hornday...100 count

Looking also to get a box of 230 grain plated round nose bullets in .452 diameter for reloading .45ACP....500 count.

Thanks,
    Orangetom
    Tom,

Winchester, with their M-22 rounds, uses a blackish hard copper for their plating. Are your .452's similarly plated?

K