Page 104 of 389 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

It doesn't really count as a prep, but I was at least productive.

Built my kids a sandbox outside for their upcoming birthday. Those of you that know me, know that this is a BIG thing for me....I'm not exactly handy with tools unless it's an AR wrench....
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Bought 2 pigs....and 400lbs of feed to start....contracted them to be raised until fall.....then turned to yummy stuff.

Spoke with a friend at a bakery....will be able to get "day old" sweets and breads for about a month before slaughter for fattening.

Got six 10lb bags of instant mashed potatoes.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

A laugh a minute
    We got our chickens all settled in and got our first egg. A very skinny stray cow showed up at our water tank looking for water in our creek. DH heard a loud rustling in the woods and thought it was the bear. He grabs the gun and heads out to see what it was, and of coarse I am right behind him. Well I saw it first and told him, then went to get corn and my camera, but by the time I got back he was gone. Got a contractor to build part of our house today so at least it will get started. Cabin comes first, then ours. I will be in my new house for xmas.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

For the Love of Cats

Echo: where'd you buy the potatoes? Around here I can only find boxes with individual servings. Which isn't bad, but I would like some in bigger bulk too

Taz: Put some corn out where you saw it. maybe you can encourage it to hang around.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

A laugh a minute
    sniper, I put corn out and even named him Fernando but I haven,t seen him again. He,s not taged so I guess he,s fair game.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

For the Love of Cats

Keep your eyes open and some corn ready... you never know when he might show up again. Oddly enough, cows are social creatures, if you can be-friend him with food, he might just decide to Moooooove on in.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    Echo: where'd you buy the potatoes? Around here I can only find boxes with individual servings. Which isn't bad, but I would like some in bigger bulk too
    A buddy of mine got it from one of the restaurant supply warehouses..... I believe it was US Foods.

I already had about 18 of the 5lb bags that I got from Sam's club a couple years back....been using them quite frequently.

Hint: if you microwave a couple potatoes....with skins....cut them up and add into the instant....they go over a lot better. I personally don't like the potato "pudding"...I like the chunks...
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Looking in to fish hatcheries for possible transplants : )

A laugh a minute
    went to a few yard sales, got the dog groomed, and it is finally raining. Woo Hoo
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The most needed prep (at the moment) BUG REPELLENT!!!!!!!!! IEYYEEEE!!!!!!!!!! Colorado has gots to many Mosquitoes!! I don't know what happened in the last 2 weeks well rain did. In 15 minutes of walking the dogs my wife killed 14 sqeeters on me (3 at at time with just 2 smacks) and I killed about 8 on her. And when we got home we both looked like when been shot with rock salt! We went to walmart to buy benadryl and off deep woods repel. Did I say OMG? Damn I feel light headed from the loss of blood. And that don't even cover the mega skeeter the deer fly... omg... <looking around quickly> those things hit you and they dont want your blood the want you attn and enduring irritation. The welts they leave behind no they are not welts... they are speed bumps. I can go on fer days about the hellish SHTF Sqeeter assault behind our house. Moment I need to reload my shotgun, Vamperic Sqeeter MUST die!!!!!