Page 145 of 389 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    good for you Metro....

GunnerMax
    I picked up a small pack of Q-tips, 4 Power bars, 2 power bar type things, a 12 pack of water purifying tablets, and 2 packs of energy gummies. I am working on stocking the BOB/Buttpack, slow but steady.

I'll most likely shit myself

Spent most of the weekend removing several dead trees to reduce the fire risk (which is pretty low here most years anyway). Also picked up a diamond sharpening system that I have needed for some time now and this.

http://www.kabar.com/knives/detail/3

I really like the Becker line of blades. I have an old BK-2 from back before Becker was bought by KaBar.

The last few days I have been steaming and freezing pumpkins. We were given a few, plus the few we had...my fingers are turning orange, lol. And, I found an awesome recipe for pumpkin seeds, just melt half a stick of butter, add some garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce, coat them and toast em, then salt to taste when they are done. My kids and my hubby love em, in fact, hubby mentioned that a buddy of his has a trailer of pumpkins that will get fed to the deer if no one wants them. I actually think he wants them for the seeds, not the meat, lol.

Anyway...yeah, pumpkins. I am looking for a good pumpkin butter recipe. I also sorted some of the canned goods that hubby had picked up last week, so we have some idea of what we have and what we need.

Sounds like a batch of punkin butter waitin to be made.

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    made a gravity fed feeder for my buddies in the backyard. i was feeding them ear corn, but i had 2 that were stealing it and hiding it 'off site'. fun to watch a squirrel steal an ear of corn and try to climb a tree.

put up some canned goods. seen a freezer i am thinking i want to get lil'sis for christmas. well, just get, it's christmas here year round. no need to wait for a special occasion to do something.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

Finished up rotating my fuel stock.

Best thing for the week was spending time with a great friend and his family yesterday.

- - - Updated - - -

Best thing for the week was spending time with a great friend and his family yesterday.

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Cleaned all the house blinds and windows today getting ready to put our little house in the hood on the market.
    You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post

Glad you could make it up.

Between you guys and RiverRat and LadyHK, my wife is starting to believe that we aren't all nuts. Keep the illusion going.........it's starting to work. We'll have her bottling water before we know it!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    Glad you could make it up.

Between you guys and RiverRat and LadyHK, my wife is starting to believe that we aren't all nuts. Keep the illusion going.........it's starting to work. We'll have her bottling water before we know it!
    Hey, I handed her a bottle when she came through the door and I thought she was going to hit me...
    I apologize for nothing...