Page 266 of 389 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316366 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    you bastards make me so jealous! Last frost forecasted in the almanac is for May 24... first is for Sept 30. Gives me 4 months to grow for the year! Thank God we got lotsa animals!
    stop whining, sell your shit and move to FLORIDA! i can grow year round. LOL besides, the fishing is good.

might be able to get you a good deal on a 4 bed - 2 full bath right next door too me. LOL quiet neighborhood on a cul de sac. D I V O R C E sale pending.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

I'll most likely shit myself

MIT, find out what Zone you are in. Most likely Zone 5-6. Down here I am Zone 6-7, more 7. Sniper, more like 1-2a, maybe 2b depending on exactly where you are. Here is a link to help with that.

http://www.lawn-and-gardening-tips.c...ing-zones.html

Planning gardens will work better, if you consult the zones. Especially if your growing is all outdoors. Greenhouses, grow tunnels, row covers add zones for you. Find you a Blum's Farmers Almanac. I swear by them.

For the Love of Cats

toughie... geographically I am half way between Flin Flon and Minnesota... and not in an environmentally friendly way! lol
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Yesterday, I pulled out the old wheel weight bucket, and in a couple of hours sorted, melted, smelted, or whatever you call it the metal. When I was done I had a full tray of 12, 2 1/2 in. square by about 3/4 inch thick bars of pure lead, weighing 20 lbs. Now it's just a quick step to make bullets, BB pellets, buckshot, fishing weights, or my very own love robot when the zombies arrive.[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Domeguy; 01-31-2015 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Spieelieing

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    The weeks almost over, but I hope to go shoot tomorrow with my new chrono...

I want to load some 357 with my ETR7 (Gotta look if I have any empty brass first), some 357 I already loaded with Power Pistol and... some factory loads.

I may also chrono some .45 reloads, I dont have any factory loads for this caliber, but I do have 3 flavors of reloads I need to radar.

M&P 40 is on layaway, I *think* Ill have the rest of the money in a week or two to range it, Im pretty excited about that!

Once I get this weapon situation taken care of, I want to focus on ammo, gear and food. I might have some extra after some sales to get the additional mags I want, and a piece or two of gear.

Next focus is to get a few extra cans of this & that every visit to Kroger and start banking some chow!

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

I call big spoon.
    I got an msr dragonfly stove on sale last weekend when I was out to pick up some screw on kids for my 5 gallon pails. so I tested it out today, in the tub. Too cold out, I also went over one of my rifles to do an annual check and found some screws that became loose from use even with the lock tight.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Try using ladies fingernail polish, works just as good as loc-tite, just without all the possibilities of breaking off the threads when loosening.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Good tip...thanks, I'll try it.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Was washing some dishes this morning, flipped the lever down to turn off the water at the sink, and nothing happened. So, 2 hours and $150 later, I had removed and replaced the faucet, which was corroded so badly the cartridge wouldn't come out. Honed plumbing skills a bit. Also built another 2x2 planter box to fill a dead spot in the layout of my garden.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Had one Blue Tilapia 13" die today in the 150 gallon Aquaponic tank. 4 Plate sized ones left and 2 6" ers. I got a bunch of blooms on the San Marzano tomato plants. I will give them a few weeks to fruit. If nothing happens I will wipe the whole set up and start on lettuce and herbs. I have grown about 3 crops in this set up. Time to expand and farm Tilapia/Catfish right now just raising male fish.