Page 273 of 389 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323373 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    709, I like the drive, dont give up.

The easiest way to get 100 cans of corn is 1 or 2 cans at a time... sure it may take time, but damn it you will soon have the 100 cans you were after! Just follow the mindset and soon you will have good stores!

eb
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

I call big spoon.
    I live in an urban area so I don't want to get mre than I can grab quickly. Would not want to leave anything to satisfy looters.

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    Quote Originally Posted by oif0709 View Post
    I live in an urban area so I don't want to get mre than I can grab quickly. Would not want to leave anything to satisfy looters.
    if interested, i can find the article/how-to 'hiding it in the walls' it was a good article about making a false wall and putting things inside.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Refurbished my gas grill this weekend before my son's virus from last week got me on Saturday night. I hadn't used it in probably 6-8 months, and had been keeping some deck related stuff inside it like citronella candles etc. I opened it last Thursday night, and found that just about anything plastic that was inside it had been chewed up by rats. First, I hate rats, second, there's no way I'm cooking on that right? I took it apart, sanded and high heat painted all of the internals, vacuumed out a ton of rat turds, hosed everything out, removed rust from the lower deck where the propane tank sits, repainted, etc. now I need a new regulator, because it has developed a strange hum when the burners are on.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

rats are good fried and served with ketchup.

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    I went through everything in my BOB/GHB. We are experiencing temps in the teens tonight, and around zero tomorrow night, with rain all day today. Everything is coated with ice and is slicker than snail snot. I may have to drive about an hour north tomorrow to rescue a daughter who can't get home, that's why I went through the BOB. I started the Ginny to make sure it runs ok if the power goes out, brought in extra wood, and put extra wood in the garage to keep it dry. We have flashlights ready, along with the solar lanterns, led lanterns, and candles. I actually hope the power goes out for awhile.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Got a set of CHAINS for the Jeep, a pair for the front and a pair for the back! Also got a pair of bolt cutters to trim them. I had cables for the War Wagon but.. they broke easily so I give up on cables!

Ive been shooting video since the start of our "winter storm".

This damn vehicle (Jeep Grand Cherokee) with cheap ass Goodyears (Wranglers) has proven to be a snow beast! Ive gone everywhere, even over Catawaba Mountain!

Ive got stock size tires and no lift, of course there is only 8 inches of snow so a lot of ground clearance is not needed, though I do have a 2 inch budget boost kit waiting to go on.

That is all...
    EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

EB my Dakota has 255,xxx miles on her and tried a couple different manufacturers of tires, Michelin, Firestone. i settled on Goodyear Wrangler 235/75/15. best bang for the buck! good all around tire for down here, anyway. looking to get a new set here shortly. 3rd set. not real noisy on the road (can't stand Road Whine), good traction in the sand, good to excellent in the mud and excellent on wet roads.

For the Love of Cats

Canned goods are still on sale... picked up another couple dozen.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

finally pooped
    The wife and I will be making a large batch of salsa and I will be teaching her how to can it. (Water bathe in this case)

We are actually delayed this week due to our housing company that we live under is doing some massive fixing of our house with no warning. Not complaining about them fixing stuff but some warning would have been nice since we already bought all the ingredients and have them sitting in the fridge at the moment. Can't do anything because the kitchen and duct work will all be getting torn apart during the fixing.

I am excited that she is showing some interest in canning at least but wish I could get her on board with the more involved things.

I am also in the process of making my first solar oven design to see what temps I can reach. Also have the promise of a TV lens from a friend down here to try and make the Solar griddle