Page 320 of 389 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330370 ... LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Do you have a robot?
    Froze last night so the garden is done. I picked the last of the peppers tonight. There were a few good tomatoes but only few. The only thing left are the potatoes and they are going berserk.

Picked up a Stoner upper for cheap to finish off one of the lower I have, it will go to my daughter. I'm going to make it as lite as possible for her.

We finished making pomegranate jelly this week. We still have a bunch of them left and my sister said she would take them. Between the jelly and cooking for Thanksgiving we have gone through 25 pounds of sugar and 10 pounds of flour. This has given me some new thoughts on the quantity I store, although in a SHTF situation I do not see me sitting around baking cookies and cakes.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Realist... Shtf thanksgiving will be a shared can of spam and dandelion salad lol

Do you have a robot?
    I don't think so at least not here. Spam is ok but not in place of turkey. As for your choice of salad I prefer mine instead.

Other things I forgot. Small portable camping lantern for my daughter's and wife's.

http://www.amazon.com/MAZU-Ultra-Bri...erated+lantern

These things are cheap and compact. I wanted them in the event they had to change a tire. They each also have other flashlights but this will cast a lot of light for them to see and be seen.

Rebuilt the wife's first aid kit. It was a plastic tackle box she was always complaining about. She has an old Acura MDX, there is a small compartment in the rear deck. The compartment had the head rests for the third row of seats. We have probably used these maybe two time in the past 9 years, so they got shit canned. Now I have one of the three compartment aid bags with most things I need to stop bleeding and patch holes. Its going to be a work in progress since there are somethings right now I was thinking about adding.

For the Love of Cats

realist, you may not be sitting around baking, but I dare say most of that sugar went into your preserves... Which I also dare say that you along with the rest of us will be making SHTF. And what better that a fresh loaf of bread to spread that Jelly on??
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Built an IWB kydex holster for my Glock 43 yesterday while hiding from my family. Picked up a TON of batteries at Lowes, they had 36 packs of AA and AAAs for $5.99. That's cheaper than the dollar store, and actual name brand batteries.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

I'll most likely shit myself

Gotta go by our lowes and see if they have that sale. Killer price on batteries

finally pooped
    well this past week I took a leap and got a permanent "spinal cord stimulator" installed as an alternative to starting opiates for pain management. Still recovering at the moment and finding out the best way to use this new thing. I'm happy to report that it does help a lot with the pain.

Next couple weeks I will be moving the wife and kids up to Sault Ste. Marie so the wife can go back to school while I deal with my military medical junk. We're excited but nervous about everything. I'm working on getting the car prepped and a good cold weather emergency kit together that she will know how to use and understands the need for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we here pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes

may be in trouble

If it can be done without eating up too much volume, for the cold I would recommend 1 good thick wool blanket (not the army itchy stuff)individually folded up and vacuumed down in a SpaceSaver plastic bag, per projected passenger. And an additional one just in case. Mylar emergency blankets only go so far.

Do you have a robot?
    James "spinal cord stimulator" sounds medieval. If it makes life more do able then that it a good thing. Otherwise it should be kept in the basement.

I went through all my old Surefire lights and upgraded them. If you have some, it is easy. What I did is order the Cree bulbs from amazon and the lights went from 120 lumens to 650 lumens. I am looking at upgrading some to 1000. I highly recommend them.

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by realist
    I went through all my old Surefire lights and upgraded them. If you have some, it is easy. What I did is order the Cree bulbs from amazon and the lights went from 120 lumens to 650 lumens. I am looking at upgrading some to 1000. I highly recommend them.
    What do Cree LEDs do to battery consumption? and is there a heat situation?

Kesephist