Page 323 of 389 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333373 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Do you have a robot?
    My wife had an accident to day cooking and burned one of her fingers pretty good. Not really anything that could be done. Dressed with a loose occlusive dressing. Looking at our supplies burns are the one area that I was lacking supplies. So I bought a bunch for the future just in case. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

I'll most likely shit myself

Lavender essential oil after an ice cold bath to cool the burn.

My wife grabbed a cookie sheet that was sitting on a stove burner she thought was off. It was on a higher heat and burned each finger pretty badly. Blisters popped right up. We got her hand in cold water right away and kept it there for a half hour or so. We then coated the burns in the oil and wrapped them loosely. Next morning you could hardly see the burns. We thankfully never had to try that again.

Do you have a robot?
    What I ended up using is WaterJel on the burn. My mom gave me a WaterJel kit years ago so I got it out to see if the contents were still good. It is 2% lidocaine with a cooling gel. My wife had several blisters the length of her index finger. I put the gel over the blisters and then wrapped it with a loose bandage to protect it. This morning the blisters were gone with the exception of a small one at the end of her finger. Just from these results I would highly recommend WaterJel.

For the Love of Cats

move north! My mother in law scorched her hand last week. walked her out the back door, stuck her hand in snow for a half hour. all good!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Do you have a robot?
    Now I may send her north but I don't think I am interested in moving there. Snow is good for a visit only.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Today's canning: 8-jars cranberry pear jam
    14-jars. Pear honey jam (no honey in it, pineapple added to pears makes it tasted like honey, and I mean EXACTLY LIKE IT.
    10-jars. Pineapple pequin pepper jam

Tomorrow 2-3 dozen pints of pickles.

Update: 72 jars of jams, and pickles. I'm tired
    Last edited by ak474u; 12-20-2015 at 09:58 PM.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Reloading:

1) Been pretty bummed about NOT having any SD loads... found a LGS that had Winchester 180gn JHP .40, so I got a pack of 100 and load them, also found test results on tube... decent round, much better than ball so Im happy with that change!
    Here is the loaded ammo, of the bullets I bought:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBi9t7S0Fpg

2) Got some Berrys 55gn FMJBT .223 and played with the dies a little, still need primers and powder.. a little ($$) at a time..

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Went and got a half dozen boxes of ammo to add to the stash. Cleaned all the guns to make sure they operated smoothly.

Added to the food stockpile included a large bag of rice and multiple bags of peas.

Used the last of FSA card for 2015 for additional medical supplies.

Went to Wally world and got head lights and 15 el-cheapo led lights (all clearance items). They are cheap (I have better), but they are now spread throughout the house. At 0.42 cents each they can't be beat.

Do you have a robot?
    Found some 22 ammo for a reasonable buy but could only pick up a bucket of 1,400 and then got a brick of 500 elsewhere. These will go to the kids for practice.

My son and daughter were both home for Christmas and we were able to make one day out one the range. When three are shooting the 9mm and 223 goes fast. It was nice seeing them work as a team. With them at either ends of the State it is tough getting together for training.

My daughter is studying to be a nurse. She said she wanted a good first aid kit. So we put together a major kit for car and home. She already had a good IFAK for backpacking and shooting.

Packaged up a bunch of replacement batteries for all the cars. I take and seal-a-meal them in packs of 4 so they are protected from just rolling around in packs and glove compartments.

Build up a Ruger 10-22 with a new Magpul Hunter stock and a new trigger group by Ruger. I’ll see how they work. If it works out I want to put a new trigger group in all of the 10-22s we have.

Set up my new big Berkey water filter. Even the wife approves of us getting it so we can use it when we camp on our property up north.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Obummers gun control seems to be working very well at my home. I cleaned my Glock17 two weeks ago, and put it away so my 7 yr old grandson wouldn't find it while he spent the week with us...now I can't remember where I put it!