Page 363 of 389 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365373 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,630 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    Awesome CS! did you snag that place you were talking about in the interlake? congrats!
    Yeah I was able to pick it up. Pretty happy with it. Learning a lot about my capabilities and limitations... which was the goal of it all in the first place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have a robot?
    Just got back from Costa Rica, interesting place. Helped a friend Brand, castrate and vaccinate 56 head of calves, started my garden. Picked up 1,000 pounds of brass which I started sorting to get money for steel for the range.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaTea View Post
    I kind of wish I had gone this way with mine. I bought a Generac 6000 ( I think) about 15 years ago. I even put a Propane/Nat gas adapter and wheels on it. I put oil in it when I got it and to this day I have only fired it up once. Its heavy as hell and deafeningly loud. BUT I paid about $500 for it way back when. maybe I should sell it and get the Honda or a Yamaha.
    I had forgotten I wrote in this thread.
    About 2 weeks ago, we had a major storm come through my area of New York. We were without power for 4 days. The Generac worked very well, I only powered a fridge, a standup freezer and two electric space heaters. The space heaters were supplemented by 2 Buddy propane heaters (a big buddy and a portable buddy). I used 12 1lb bottles.The generator ran for a little over 8 hours on a 5 gallon fill up. I ran it on the gasoline because I had plenty and I had the foresight to fill up my automobiles brfore the storm hit. At the height of the storm there were about 150,000 customers without power. It was about a week until everybody was taken care of.
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

I'll most likely shit myself

AT, that's a good test right there. I saw that storm system pass thru. Guess I never thought about you being in the middle of it. Sounds like preps all worked well. Glad the genset performed like you planned.

I've ran mine once for about 30 minutes for exercise. Planning to run it a few hours this weekend with the camper plugged up and run a bunch of stuff to see what won't work with mine. I know the AC is out.

Pretty much just tryin to cut up and clean up 4 pine trees that got the tops broke out of in a windstorm. That and getting strated on the garden.

Walking on Sunshine

I bought an emergency light kit for Son 1, brought it down as a gift. As we were "greeting and meeting" our newest grand daughter a big storm hit GA last night. When we got back to the house the entire subdivision was out. Called son to let him know power was out and we were breaking out the light kit. Don't know what made me get the kit but glad we had it. Power went back on about midnight but that was so funny. Son will be looking at getting a generator(if any available) now that they are home with the baby.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Planted 28 mater plants, and 16 pepper plants today. Focusing on buckets right now because I'm gonna reconfigure my raised beds. I've got most buckets that I started last year planted, (50 or so) I have room in the bucket corral, which looks like a raised bed with cedar walls for about 85 buckets, so more buckets are in my future. Last week we planted 2 more honey berries, 3 more loganberries, 3 more raspberries, 1 more Viking aronia, 1 more goji, 4 more sweet Basil.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Ak, how well do you like the honey berries and loganberries? Production, taste?I have considering getting some of both for here.

I planted 3 rows of onions yesterday. Probably 500 or so. I kept out the smallest slips to put in trays and either transplant them after they get some size to them, or just eat as sxallions.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Ak, how well do you like the honey berries and loganberries? Production, taste?I have considering getting some of both for here.

I planted 3 rows of onions yesterday. Probably 500 or so. I kept out the smallest slips to put in trays and either transplant them after they get some size to them, or just eat as sxallions.

Never had honey berries.... lost 2 of the 3 last year, and Stark Bros replaced them this year. Funny thing is, the survivor from last year is thriving, and so are the replacements, so maybe this year. We just wanted hardy, and different types of stuff, so we decided to give them a shot. We have 3 loganberries that will make this year, and just put in 3 more for next year. Loganberries are tasty, kinda have a raspberry/blackberry combo taste.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Well that goes on the list for this fall. Gonna get more blueberries from them as well. Been thinking about trying the pink lemonade type.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Well that goes on the list for this fall. Gonna get more blueberries from them as well. Been thinking about trying the pink lemonade type.
    Somehow we murdered our blueberries. The pink lemonades made a few berries, and they were good. I think the pre-emergent or weed killers got to my blueberries, that or it's just too hot here.

We have 3 Nanking cherries that will make for the first time this year, they're beautiful plants when in bloom, and seem to winter well.