Page 365 of 389 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367375 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,650 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Just finished planning out the garden. Growing starter plants in the basement. They are ready to be transplanted into the 3rd set of containers. Expanding on the Aquaponic setup in the basement as well.
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

For the Love of Cats

got some pics?
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Walking on Sunshine

Nothing much. Got a raised camp grill for the fireplace. 6 year old grandson asked me if grandpa and grandma camp out and cook hot dogs and s'mores in fireplace. Told him no, sorry we haven't yet. He said Could we do it "one time" (his words) he doesn't like ALL those skeetors when they "camp out" in the back yard. I think this summer we'll "camp out" in the living room and cook hot dogs and s'mores with them. Will be a good chance to practice those rusty camping skills. Nothing like "camping out " in the air conditioning HAR HAR HAR.

Do you have a robot?
    Split a bucket with a friend containing 1,400 rounds of once fired Hornady 308 brass. I cleaned and weighed each piece so now I have plenty for my projects.

Made a dump run. Picked up four yards of planters mix. When I get back from my trip this week I will pick up 10 more yards.

Bought an Eagle's Nest hammock, bug net, rain fly and straps. Going to try them out this Saturday. I have been buying lots of gun parts. Rebuilt a couple of Glocks, I am replacing the sights on the M&Ps and Shields. I have two 1911's I will be sending out to Robar Guns to gone through, all the internal parts are being replaced with Wilson parts.

Did something I have not done for years, I sold three rifles and one handgun. I figure I have a bunch more to sell and they will pay for all my upgrades to my guns.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

For the Love of Cats

I cannot wait to hear the review on the hammock...

Kat, get him hooked, and then introduce the bug spray. He'll be an outdoorsman yet...

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Making mental notes for planting pre Mothers day (which is a large no huge FooPah in CO) this will work!
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

Walking on Sunshine

Will do Sniper, he was having problems with the bug spray but as he's getting older it's not bothering him too much. Don't worry he (and little sis) would rather be outside ALL DAY AND NIGHT if mom & dad would let them. Went to an Estate Sale Friday. Went for a particular item, they were showing in their pictures(professional company doing the sale), a mantle scarf for the fireplace that WASN'T holiday themed. Don't laugh I think a mantle scarf dresses the mantle up. While I was there found a luggage rack you see in hotels for the back bedroom. Christmas I move the end tables and coffee tables out of the living room to make room for the dining tables. Son 1 used the frame of a side table (metal rack with glass top) to park their suitcase on so DIL didn't have to get down on the floor to unpack, she was still pregnant. He destroyed it, they felt really bad but I told them it was not an expensive table, (It was a really cheap set we are always re tightening the screws but it did the job) and we were getting rid of it anyway as we were downsizing the furniture. I also got a manual coffee grinder in really great shape. DH looked it up on line , it's a reproduction made in the late 60's and it works great. Went to a neighborhood yard sale and got clothes for grand daughter # 2, lots of kids books and a COMPLETE Lincoln Log set with intact instructions for the toy pile at grandma's.Now that I'm retired(lol) I can go to the estate sales on the FIRST day and snag good stuff. Yard sales around here are usually yuppies with puppies and they have beat up kids clothes and semi broken toys and what I call just junk. Occasionally I snag useful stuff. It's stuff they may have gotten from their grandparents via their parents. Canning jars, manual kitchen tools, tools etc. Stuff they should be keeping but don't.Their loss my gain. Have good week and don't forget your moms, those still here and those gone next Sunday.

For the Love of Cats

Awesome Kat.... some amazing scores there!

Walking on Sunshine

Yup DH is excited Now I just have to get the coffee beans for him to play with but gotta use up the can we just opened first LOL

may be in trouble

Maybe I am the only one noticing... there seems to be little if anything about long term storing coffee, or coffee substitutes other than chicory or toasted grain.

Any thoughts?

Instant coffees these days tend to run to plastic jars with one time vacuum seals. The "BEST USED BY " dates seem to run about 12 to 18 months, depending. As I have been a coffee drinker for over 40 years, this has been an important subject to me.