Page 383 of 389 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383384385 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,830 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

city water here aint worth spit.there's lime in the water.plus it's not properly maintained with chemicals like it's suppose to be.so I've been stocking up on bottled water.in which that's a constant work in progress.

Jimle, have you looked at some of the LDS stuff? They have a water bladder designed to fit under the frame of your bed that can hold a lot of water more efficiently than in bottles.

While I was in key West I stocked a lot of it in those 5 gallon jugs you get at the grocery and even that was a pain to deal with.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

no extra space there.due to having the area under full of stuff in under bed totes and small boxes. but good idea thoe.

Walking on Sunshine

Haven't been doing much (family) but just got a brand new electric pressure cooker, free. Am looking up recipes and learning how to use it. And we've been doing a bit of rearranging in the house for an in case of situation(quarantine????). Not in panic mode, just getting a few things taken care of that I've put off. Was able to donate the double bed mattress and box springs, most places won't take them (bed bugs) but this set is only 3 yrs old and only used about a dozen times over the 3 yrs. Not sure if anyone has this around them--Furniture-banc. com. They take GENTLY used CLEAN furniture (not bed frames though) for those in the lowest class, usually people escaping an abusive situation that have nothing at all. Glad to donate rather than have it wind up in a land fill. Going on my monthly Costco run this week, will check out how bad it's gotten there. Our grocery stores have signs up "No more hand sanitizers" not sure when they'll get anymore,there's very little TP and the wipes are gone as well. Good thing I have been stocking all along. Got elections this Tuesday and DH will be working it, Our Township Supervisor's has been trying to get sanitizers in for the workers but no luck so far, DH has my last two pocket ones and will be taking a couple of containers of the wipes with him. Other than that I've just been filling in with some goods, food and non food. Did pick up 4 movers blankets at Harbor Freight real cheap. Will use them for the airbeds if need be.

did my primary food shopping on the 6th.bought more food then usual. got 4 cases of 40 count bottled water.refilled 6-1 gallon bottles and 1-5 gallon bottle with fresh wwater at a water dispenser. I've been taking count of the over the counter meds that i have.so i can buy the ones i need.

Bacon saver

Speaking of water.......Well, after all the rain we've having I've managed to locate and open new springs on the property (wet weather) it has flushed out our "forever" springs. An I have came up with another alternative hydro power plan for this time of year. Our pond out front overflows. So I'm thinkin I'll put in a overflow pipe to spin a paddle wheel (make it purdy) to spin a alternator to connect to the off grid solar power system. No, I haven't got that up and running yet. Still working on the additions.

So just call it planning.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

For the Love of Cats

topping off a few things... grocery wise... but am also starting my seeds... planning on a bigger garden this year!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I'll most likely shit myself

Good to hear from you Sniper. Wondered how in the world you guys were doing.

For the Love of Cats

thanks BP... been a really weird year... Glad all my friends here are doing ok
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

We are not yet living off our stored supplies. Last month we did need to break into the water supply and used about 20 gallons of water as we were on a temporary period without water supply. We knew it would be back in in two days. Where we live in the late, great state of Kalifornya, our water quality is good, so no need to stock up on bottled water. We are good on everything else for sometime. After a month or so, we will constantly be evaluating the situation.

My wife is now thankful for the prep work I have done over the years. Certainly I have not done near as much as some on this forum, but we will be sufficient for a few months. It will be interesting to see how the food supply chain is in a few months. In this area of the country the supply chain is working just fine, it is simply that people are panic buying.

We have been having rainy weather, at least for SoCal, but I have been working on my boysenberries, they are almost finished. All fruit trees were pruned and peach and apricot are in bloom. We have a huge crop of oranges and the avocados are doing well, though small. If I can just keep the bears, coons and squirrels from my trees we will be seeing a great crop.

We are both seniors, I am 70, wife 69 but in generally good health, though I have dealt with a slight bit of melanoma skin cancer. We are fortunate that we have a number of younger friends who are already picking up things for some of us "old folks."