Page 4 of 389 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

I picked up a "free to good home" horse for a friend who has a single horse and needs a pasture buddy. I picked up a (new in the package) 5 mile solar panel ($140), 1/4 mile wire ($40), wire grips/connectors x4 ($40), mounts/cable ($40) and battery ($45) for $100.00 from the same people that didn't need it without the horse (not sure why they didn't just return it, of course I did not ask though)--now I just need to figure out what else I can do with it since I have electric fencing now
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

I planted more strawberries today and also some kolarabi

Premium Member

i started my garden this week. it's my first real garden. that counts as prepping, right?

HELL yes it does, congrats

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by alaska View Post
    why is this not in the recipe thread slacker?:P
    Uhhh... oops.... I'll go post it over there... :P

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

I put up another 50lbs rice. Bought 100lb Spring wheat. This week I plan on rotating (drain/fill) 4 55gal water barrels.

Finally got the garden area plowed.....SON OOOOOOOF A Big deal to since it has rained every other day or more since April. I thought I was going to just fill the basement with dirt and lighting for a while.....lol. I used to have a smaller back yard type garden, I went big this time, going to try our luck at canning.

Also just picked up 18 more chickens. Its on now.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Did more re-arranging on the GHB, picked up a semi-rigid condor case for my shooting glasses, picked up a Condor BDU
    pocket organizer for little goodies in the GHB, (Lighters, allen wrench for my light stick, small multi-tool, zippo flints, small notepad etc.) Getting all the small stuff into one pouch opened up room for one more Clif Bar in my versipack, these get rotated pretty often since the GHB rides shotgun every day, but it's one more snack if I gotta walk.

Went to The New Cheaper Than Dirt Guns in McKinney, TX It's a really nice gun store, and they have lots and lots of MOLLE gear, I really only buy small pouches for specific things there, but they have a good selection. I added a few things to the next trip's shopping list while I was there too.

Wife clipped coupons all week... Got a ton of household goodies, but lots of storage stuff too. approx 3 months supply of diapers for the stinky little kid, 116 rolls of TP, Paper towels, Cat food, 76lbs cat litter, lots of coffee, lots of gatorade (I spend my summer in people's attics doing estimates for insulation, don't wanna die) Wife is getting pretty good, we saved 80 bucks on 168.00 worth of stuff, every time she does that puts me closer to getting her a new pistol, she just doesn't know that yet.

I'll most likely shit myself

I picked up 2 more 5gal gas cans and bought and treated 15 gallons of gas since the price dropped a little biut (3.57). 3 new totes for food and gear storage. 50 lbs of chicken feed, case of grease tubes for the grease gun. Went to the knife store yesterday and got a army feild book on map reading and land navigation, a different style fire starter with a watertight storage container for fire tender and a small button compass inside.
    Tilled and howed the garden spot.