Page 53 of 389 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Because they are bulletproof! It is a seriously heavy duty bike.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I bottled up 150lbs of rice that had been waiting for several months.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Picked up 20 lbs more of rice and beans. (10 lbs each)--my big score was Kroger has 5oz cans of chicken 10 for $10.00. I added 40 more cans to my stock. Needless to say my live chickens were happy to hear it.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

I'll most likely shit myself

I picked up a couple more tarps, a shit load of bungees, 4 bags of chicken feed, 240 rds of .308 in a battle pack, bullets and primers for reloading 9mm and .308, a set of carbide dies for 9mm, some 9mm brass, and several small tools, files, foceps, sissors, etc.
    Got a trip to Sams planned for later this week.

A laugh a minute
    Here is a pic of the table and chairs I am going to build by myself for our kitchen that Tpatt is building for us. It's the least I can do since the kitchen is really for me
    started gathering the logs and now just have to find the stump for the table.

Rustic Dining Tables: Barnwood & Log Dining Table Styles

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Little more x39 for the range, ordered a plate carrier, and some rifle and pistol mag pouches. Need to find a Serpa with the QD MOLLE mount for my 92, and I'm set for a rifle course I'm taking in March. Selling a bunch of miscellaneous gear that I don't need for my current loadout needs to fund my projects. Built a rifle mount so I can use my light with my AK without changing handguards to a full Picatinny. Don't really like the tacticool look on AKs, as part of that set, I modified the kydex holster for my light to fit MOLLE so I can go vest to gun without the bulk of a mounted light all the time.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

I haven't been buying much except for some canned goods, but I am still working on organizing my pantry. I managed to fit a lot more in there and I'm not halfway done yet. Now I just have to fill up the empty shelves in the basement with food before my husband fills them with junk. I also found a skin stapler with some staples behind one of our aquariums. I have no idea how it got there.

I finally got my State of Florida Concealed Firearm License. For years I kept two 357 magnums in the vehicle, legal in Florida with no license. But given the level of lawlessness and evil in our country today I just felt that one in my pocket was needed. Right now it's my 357 snubnose, but I feel the need to pack Old Faithful - Colt 70 Series Government Model.
    Question - with an inside-the-waistband holster for a 1911, will I have to buy bigger jeans/pants? The wife and I are on a tight budget and the added expense of a new wardrobe could slow things down.
    Right now it's the J Frame in the front pocket, or an Uncle Mikes nylon belt holster worn under an untucked shirt, which is do able because it's small.
    But, as an old soldier I know that no one who has survived a gun fight has ever wished for a smaller gun or less ammo.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Question - with an inside-the-waistband holster for a 1911, will I have to buy bigger jeans/pants? The wife and I are on a tight budget and the added expense of a new wardrobe could slow things down.
    Short answer......If your britches are already a little big, then maybe not. If they fit snug, then, yeah, you'll prolly want to get some new duds.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    Short answer......If your britches are already a little big, then maybe not. If they fit snug, then, yeah, you'll prolly want to get some new duds.
    Well, I don't drink, smoke or take drugs, but I LOVE Cheezits and Hershey bars, so yeah, my pants run a little on the snug side.
    Working with what I have, then, it will be a Charter Arms Bull Dog 44 on the belt and the J frame 357 in the pocket. That will give me 10 rounds immediately.
    Dang! I wish we could carry rifles.