Page 265 of 389 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315365 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

For the Love of Cats

Not sure if this is what you had in mind mw, but my grandma used to make jam like this:

http://www.confessionsofanover-worke...anana-jam.html

but she would add a pinch of nutmeg.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Drove to there store and bought a pound...

http://www.expansion-industries.com/...DER-p/etr7.htm

Need a chrony to check the loads to work up a good formula, but yeah... I got some pistol powder!
    If this pound works out good, going back and buying 4lbs a month for a few months (due to $$ limits).

I burnt a string of it on my walkway, looks like good burn rate. Metered it in my Lee powder thrower,
    it appears to be as regular as Alliant Power Pistol.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by moonwillow View Post
    I got a windfall of free bananas. I'm in the process of drying them. I really wanted to can them. I know you can. The cans of tropical fruit you buy in stores have banana chunks. I can't find anything on the net worth while. Some sites say you can can mashed, some say you can't. I want to can chunks. Anybody out there got any ideas?
    As far as canning... not sure, but I do add a little bit of lemon juice to them right as soon as I feel them to stop them from turning dark brown from the dehydrator. Works like a charm!

And also, Nice to see a older member come back around! Hope to see more of your input on the bananas! I was looking at your join date!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Crotch Rocket

Stormy, in a moment of inspired smartassery a while back, still correctly identified me as a gear queer. Since many of my activities follow a seasonal approach these days I've been too busy to address it, but now that things have slowed down I'm working to beat this addiction to nylon and produce a more realistic loadout.

My first line will not change, and will stay in my pants pockets and wallet, so I still have a complete survival kit on me at all times. I have also decided on which of my various packs to settle on. The changes are coming to my fighting load.

To that end my preps this week have centered around establishing a base line of minimum gear and running my rifle while wearing it to ensure it works as desired.

So far I have set up a Mini MAV with two magazines and a dump pouch to support my rifle. A drop leg panel supplies pistol support and a blow out kit. My holster is dropped as well. This is because belt mounts will interfere with my pack's waist belt. Lets face it, my mission is not to fight bad guys, it is to safely make it to a BOL and a MAG. Nor will I have the support system of today's soldier. All of this tells me I am better off working my fighting gear around a comfortable sustainment load, which will include more magazines and ammunition.

More updates to come. Stay tuned.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

The other day: I got my grow table down from the attic storage, assembled it with the grow lights, and started 144 various pepper, tomato, egg plant, and melons.
    TODAY I Built a 3x6 tiered strawberry box, a 2x2 raised planter to fill in a dead space, and another 2x6 raised bed. I also planted a 60'x2' double row of sweet yellow, white granex, and red onions. Tomorrow is lettuce, kale, carrots, mixed greens, etc.

Being out of work sucks unless you are a gardener.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

I'll most likely shit myself

Great start AK. You are 1-2 months ahead of me.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Great start AK. You are 1-2 months ahead of me.
    I hate to say it, but this good weather needs to go away. We keep having high 30s nights, and 70* days. My fruit trees are gonna think it's spring, and we're due for some cold in February I suspect.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

I'll most likely shit myself

You guys tend to get ice storms at times don't you?
    We get stretches where it'll warm up for a while, but still get well below freezing temps to. May get a little snow tomorrow. Probably not much.
    I do have a cold frame going. It's not producing much, but I have a good start on Kale, spinach, arugala, & cabbage. Plants are looking good and will start producing in the next 6 weeks.

For the Love of Cats

you bastards make me so jealous! Last frost forecasted in the almanac is for May 24... first is for Sept 30. Gives me 4 months to grow for the year! Thank God we got lotsa animals!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Crotch Rocket

I don't know why I never thought of it until you brought it up, but I now have an almanac myself. Lol. Time to check it out.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!